Advice needed regarding cramps *TMI*

Donna's here

Reaction score
Ladies I need to know if what I'm feeling is normal.

I think I've ovulated, not 100% sure as I have no positives on opk's. But my cervix is high, soft and open and I had ewcm yesterday which is good for me because I usually chart really sticky as my ewcm as I dont think I've ever had it.

TMI time but I need to describe what I'm doing.

I read on FF the correct way to check your cm was to insert 2 fingers, slightly squeeze your cervix, rub 1 finger around the back of it and then pull both fingers out together. YAY ewcm. 1st I thought it might be left overs from the previous night so I checked again in the afternoon and again in the evening and everytime it was ewcm, I was happy.
I've got to know the difference in my cervix the last couple of months, mine always feels slightly open but I have had children already so i know thats ok. I've been testing once sometimes twice a day so I know whats going on.

My problem is I keep getting cramps. After checking cp and cm I get cramp pains in my lower back and it's driving me crazy. Everytime I check they last around an hour, sometimes 2 before they disappear again. I've noticed it a lot more the past 3 days and am wondering if it could be where I am most fertile. Is it normal or should I be worried?
I think it's bothering me a lot more because I'm not getting positives on opk's and it's that time of month that you want everything to go right and of course it doesn't. Am starting to think that theres something not quite right and the cramps are telling me so. Can any of you ladies shed some light on this, is it normal for some of you to cramp after checking or should I be getting myself over the dr's (which I really dont want to do).
Just thought that I should add on this that I dont get these cramps after bding, so it must be something to do with my cervix.
Thanks in advance girls xxxxxxx

i'm afraid i have no advice hun- i normally come to u for my advice!!! hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to help but i sooo hope u get a nice normal month this time!
xxxxx

Thanks Puds, be nice if we all had normal charts this month! Corr dear, not known anything like it.

Argh Donna I'm so sorry but have not got a clue!!

But will give you a hug for the cramps :hug: :hug: Some one will be on in a bit with an answer I'm sure x x x

hmm. i don't cramp afterwards but in this game everyone's different in so many aspects I'm pretty sure everyone'll be different with checking cp too. :hug:

I've had little twinges after checking but I do have to really push quite hard to reach it but not cramps like these. Hmmmmmm :think:

Thanks for the hugs Lou, might get a hot water bottle on my back, see if that helps.

I have just had a look in my TTC bible :) and it says that other signs to look out for ovulation include

*mid-cycle spotting

*Pain or achiness near the ovaries and uterus

*increased sexual feeling

*fuller vaginal lips

*abdominal bloating

*water retention

*increased energy level

*heighten sense of vision, smell and taste

*incresed sensitivity in breasts and skin

*breast tenderness

When I ov I get dull period type pains Hope this helps and get bding just incase :wink:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

**ETA are you getting any lines on opks? not everyone gets true positives on opks **

Donna,

Sod the hot water bottle and get the OH to give you a nice massage!!

Plus if you have got all this EWCM stop gassing with us lot and get BONKING!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm sorry, hon; I'm in the dark on this one, but I didn't want to read and run - hope someone's able to answer you (and then I can file away that info, too :lol: ) :hug:

A&J, have had like peroid cramps that I class as ov pain, seem to get them from now till af, just this back one I've not noticed before I started checking cm & cp. I like the heightend smell, can smell DH feet before he takes his shoes off :lol: As for opk's, last 2 months had light lines on ebay cheapies so bought clearblue ones and had light lines everyday since testing, testing day 5 today with no difference in colour on any of them :( So I dont know, only have 2 days left which take me to cd 20.

Lou, DH is at work and he's toooooo heavy handed for a massage, I'd have bruises lol, but the ewcm was yesterday so thats that now I think. Back to sticky cm which was creamy already compared to this morning so I think thats my window out, shall see what my temps do over the next couple of days.

Melissa, well, I thought you would have my answers :shakehead: Only kidding, maybe its just one of those things. Shall keep a note on it the next few days and see if it settles down when my cv is closed. I've added it on FF so I can keep an eye on it, see if it happens again next month. If it doesn't settle over the weekend then I'll stop all checking and hope it goes away otherwise I'll get me bum over the Drs sighhhhhhhhhh and see what they say. I HATE GOING TO THE DR'S :doh:

Just a thought. Probably got nothing to do with it but you never know.
When I've gone into labour I've always had back labour which started with this crampy ache, no I'm not suggesting I'm in labour :lol: :shock: but am wondering if when I'm touching and squeezing my cervix if that can have a similar effect as a contraction did, so could it be my uterus is tilted and giving me back pain instead of front? Am I just grasping at straws here or what?? My mum and nan both have tilted wombs/uterus so am wondering if theres a connection. Not that I've ever been told mine is tilted but I am older now and things do go wrong, but then I got back labour and wasn't told anything was tilted to get that everytime so I'm talking rubbish I think. :wall:

Not sure hun but wanted to give you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Your not talking rubbish Donna maybe you have got a tilted womb, if you have had this pain for a while on and off then I think you should get it checked out as much as you hate the drs they might be able to put your mind at rest and while your there make use of the app and get any other ttc concerns off your chest.

p.s. My hubby is away all weekend with work so I am going to be on here 3 days solid how sad am I !! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I wouldnt think it was anything to worry about, if you are squeezing and generally having a bit of a poke about I am sure that could cause a bit of pain, some people are more sensitive.
Also, if it was anything to worry bout you would be getting pain at other times and it would last longer.
Just my opinion but hope it helps.
Dont worry. x

Very true Joan, thank you. I've only ever noticed this when I do check like I said, but in last 3 days it's got worse. Maybe I have ov'd and i'm aggravating it all. Shall see.
Lou, hubbys working tonight, all day tomorrow and sunday night, guess where I'll be :lol: Fun weekend were gonna have :( but do have my friends coming over tomorrow night for a few drinks, but then I'm worried about having a few drinks :doh:
A&J, thanks :hug:

well as y'all kno i'm very new to all this cervix & cm checking lark.

i dont need to stick fingers in to check cm mine is in abundance and it spills out into my pants (sorry tmi!) its easy that one coz mine is very obviously ew (most of the time, actually!) or creamy (tmi again)

but i was doing a bit of cervix checking and as thats the one i'm a bit iffy on (never sure what is "high" or "low" or "medium"!) because i'm not sure about it i usually have to do quite a bit of poking in order to make my mind up.

i noticed i got cramps after doing it, it put me off actually i have to say! maybe its coz we've already had children, and have sensitive cervixes (or should that be cervii?!!!)

HOW bad are the cramps tho? actually thinking about it now u said that they did feel a bit like contractions pain (altho NOWHERE near as bad! not even CLOSEEEEEE lol) i would say the pain level was no worse than period pains. and they were directly related to cervix checking coz i started to look out for them after i checked :think:

*EDIT TO ADD* i thought it was something to do with my fingernails! do u have long nails?????????????

Donna totally have a few drinks with your mates and enjoy !!

Dont know what you do when DH away but I'm in heaven sat here in my rather unstylish tracksuit bottoms and a hoody!!

Have had pasta out of the saucepan why make more washing up I say!!

About to scoff a bar of galaxy from chrimbo !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

YAYAYAYAYAY Trix xxxxxxx Glad its not just me. You know the beginning of labour, those cramping niggling pains, just sharper than period pains but bug ya pains, like that, nooooooooooo way close to full blown labour pains, I would of been in A&E if it was like that :lol: And yes, I have long finger nails :think: Maybe it is because we have children and our cervix is more open, I have noticed that mine never fully closes.
I would stop checking cp if I had cm like you, but apart from the wet stage, I wouldn't know what was going on in there if I didn't feel. I think I might just leave well alone now then and hope my temps rise over the next 2 days. Give it all a break.
Thanks ladies for your help and advise, feel a little more relaxed now :hug:

LouF said:
Donna totally have a few drinks with your mates and enjoy !!

Dont know what you do when DH away but I'm in heaven sat here in my rather unstylish tracksuit bottoms and a hoody!!

Have had pasta out of the saucepan why make more washing up I say!!

About to scoff a bar of galaxy from chrimbo !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Silly I know but keep thinking if I did ov yesterday then having vodkas tomorrow night might mess it all up :talkhand:
I have kids already but I did dish up pasta and fish fingers tonight as DH was at work, felt lazy, but they enjoyed it :lol: . Had mine with weightwatchers mozzarella and tomato sauce but then covered it in cheese, no point in having weight watchers sauce lol. So hardly no washing up. It is nice to be lazy sometimes :wink:

DH has come home early :cheer: so shall say good night ladies, thanks again for your help and hugs. Chat tomorrow :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back