• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice needed RE: sleep

littleem

Reaction score
My lo has always been really good as she's slept through from 10 weeks 7-7 but for the last week or so she is waking up 5-6 times a night but not for a feed, i feel i am constantly putting her dummy in and as soon as i get in bed she spits it out again, i dont know whats wrong with her last few weeks?? any help?? any advice??

Sorry i forgot to put her age shes 5 and 1/2 months, shes not taking any extra feeds though so not sure what is wrong??

Def sounds like a growth spurt. Summer went through these phases a lot

Its exactly the same for me littleem. Korbyn doesnt wake for a feed he just wakes and niggles until it becomes a cry and the minute you put the bottle in he spits it out so cant be hungry, then I try the dummy and he is quite instantly - for about 20 minutes. Just as you doze off it happens again...
Im so tired I am struggling to function like a normal human being. Whats worse is that I work from home and have him at home with me during the day - which is lovely - but really hard to try entertain him and work at the same time...especially when the phone rings off the hook all day...

You are not alone :D I feel you pain :lol:

Bah! Read my thread on ditching the dummy.

I was sick of getting up... so got rid of the thing, and instantly 12hours kip (well took two nights). I figured, it cant be any worse than the amount of times I was up then, so if i had to spend a night or two calming him without the dummy, then so be it. As it was it wasnt hard at all - mabey I was lucky I dont know.

Get rid of it now... DS sleeps much better without it.

I went through a few nights of being up a few times a night to put ryans dummy in to, i put it down to teething because usually when it falls out and hes alseep he doesnt bother about it. but im seriously considering getting rid of the dummy now!

I know you said she's not hungry but could she be ready for weaning? I know one of the signs is lots of extra waking up in the night but I think it's extra waking to be fed. :D

Quite possibly we have just started her on baby rice to see how she goes, which she seems to like so will see how we get on, she slept better last night woke up once at half 2 then slept until 8am

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back