Advice for tomorrow please!

flower

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I go back to the doc for another scan to see if she can finally find the heartbeat. She basically said to me the other day that if we cant see it tomorrow then its a missed miscarriage.
Two questions for you...
1. Should I get a second opinion before she tries to book me in for a Dand C which she said is what would happen?
2. I need help figuring out my dates. Doc says i am 8 weeks according to my last period. But I have a long 37 day cycle, so i think from date of conception I am still only 5weeks 3 days. Could this be why its still not visible? or am I just getting myself really confused??
Sorry to be such a pain. Part of me says I should just accept it, but amother part of me believes there is still a bit of hope.

Thanks for listening,

Flower :D

Hiya,

I don't blame you for wanted to double check things. I would double check your dates first so you know thw min and max weeks & days pg you are. Then if the scan doesn't agree with your 'least 'preg estimate i would think the doc is right.

Even if they do your dates by your LMP, tell them your cycle is long and the dates are wrong. Don't let them pressure you if you are unsure. If you were 5 weeks and 3 days a scan wouldn't show much and probably no heartbeat.

Try this link for working out your dates, this lets you change the length of your cycle.
http://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancyandb ... /calendar/

Oh and try and get them to do your bloods and monitor your hormone levels, they did that with me after a scan at 7 weeks showed nothing. Then at least you know how your pg is going without having to wait for ages!

Hope this helps,
Lau
xx

I don't think they will rush you into anything that you aren't comfortable with.

Hopefully the news will be good tomorrow then you won't have to decide.

Good luck x

:wave: hi flower,
I know your really worried doll, but like you said yourself your dates could be wrong, You are still in very early stages even if you are 7 weeks there is still a chance the heartbeat has still to develope more to be picked up, :think: Dates are complicated at the early stages but the 2 weeks makes a huge difference, :) Just have to confirm what tattoo said, You will NOT be rushed into having a D&C, Infact they prefer NOT to do them if that is the worst news you get. Normally here anyway, and most places i know, they will allow you to miscarry yourself Naturally and that can take anything from straight away to 3-4 weeks, OR you can get medicine inserted to speed up the natural process, so withing a week normally, Then lastly you could be offered an EVAC, simillar to D&C were suction is used to clean out the womb under a General (put to sleep) when you are so early they do prefer you to take options 1 or 2, Please don't stress about getting a D&C and still having a live baby in there, they will give you lots of tests long before then, they will be sure... and you have lots of time to think it through, write down all your questions before visit.....But PLEASE FLOWER! know that you have a VERY GOOD CHANCE your dates ARE WRONG and you'll get good news tomorrow..... So lets try to stay positive Doll, know we are all sending you our positive vibes and lots of love :hug: Yvonne xx :hug: :hug:

your in our thoughts flower, i hope all went well doll.... :hug: :hug: :hug: Lv Yvonne xx

unfortunately it didnt go so well. It just wasnt meant to be this time. :(
Im booked into the hospital for DandC on Monday morning.
Thanks everyone for your support :) and I hope you all have wonderful pregnancies

Ill be back soon
:lol:

Flower x

Oh flower, Im so so sorry :hug:

Thank you for letting us all know, you just take it easy and look after yourself :hug:

So sorry to hear your news.

:hug: for you and your OH

Heather x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14