• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aching legs, hips, and back

zoe82

Reaction score
It's started already! I know its quite common, but am now suffering at night with achy legs, hips, and back, so tend to wake up quite a lot to try and get comfortable, I'm only 23&2, so thought this would start later :(
Is anyone else suffering and if they are have you found anything that helps, I might get a pregnancy pillow, but not sure how much they help? Any input will be appreciated :)
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Hi hun. I'm afraid that's about when it really started for me, around 24/25 weeks. It was like a switch just went and suddenly I couldn't go through the night without waking up in pain. I have bought a big pillow - just a straight one, not one of those mahoosive v shaped things - and use it to prop my back at night so I'm on my side but slightly tilted back and well supported. I was a right side and back sleeper before, and I still can't get on with sleeping on my left, so I still sleep on my right side. Sometimes I place a pillow between my legs but that quite often gets relegated to the floor half way through the night. I have found that these things have made it much much better, even if I go to bed with an achey back. I have an old back injury that flares up nearly daily now, but I am managing to fall asleep and stay asleep OK. I think you've just got to try lots of things out, try different positions etc. until you find something that works for you. I got my pillow from Lidl cos it was cheap, not knowing if it would do the trick. Happily it did.

Hope you manage to get some good sleep soon xxx

Yeah I think I might invest in a big pillow and see how I get on, good old pregnancy another 16 weeks of this yet! I have been fine 90% of the time, now this has popped up! Thanks for you reply x :)

Mine started about a week ago too hun, it's uncomfortable isn't it!! I'm forever trying to find a comfy position in bed that doesn't make me ache! I suppose it'll all be worth it in the end but we'll just have to be in pain until then haha xxx

I bought a Massive pillow which takes up most of my side of the bed but it works a treat.... I used to sleep on my front so when I started sleeping on my side my hips would get achey....the pillow works wonders it's 'U' shaped and goes all the way around me.... xx

Started for me last couple of weeks. I have wedge for under bump and then pillows go everywhere else - even between legs. Usually sleep ok til bout 4am and then pain stops anymore sleep. :-( starting to get sore hips when out walking now too which isn't good either. I've always said I'll walk my Westie right up until I start waddling so gotta grin and bear pain for now and tell myself it'll all b worth it in the end. xx

Im suffering from aches and pains also at the minute, But that could be becasue im 10 days overdue. But that doesn't make it any less painful :(. Very fed up, And im afraid paracetemol is just not good enough anymore
x

I know, I haven't even bothered taking paracetamol for it as it'll be no good anyway! I'm also sat at a desk all day and have noticed if I haven't got up for a while my body feels like its seizing up, so need to try and remember to walk about a bit more! I'm off to purchase a giant pillow tomorrow, good job we have a massive bed or OH would end up on the floor! :)

I've already started with pains in my hips/back/legs and Im not even 17 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back