aches and pains

Gruntie2

Reaction score
i am getting all aches and pains today.. but there is one that is concerning me a bit... sitting at my desk at work.... when i try and cross my legs (which i know i should not be doing while pregnant)... i get a pain in my lower left abdomen... at bottom of my bump.... is this just my body telling me i can no longer cross my legs.. or could it be something else?

It could be stretching pains hun i get them alot either side.
I spoke to my midwife about it an she said it was normal so i wouldnt worry about it :hug:

My legs have gotten so chubby I cant even cross them now lmao!! Those stretching pains will come and go hun.. sometimes they make you worry to death. One night I was sure I was heading for something bad as lower tum and lower back was really hurting horribly and I was almost in tears worrying what was going on, but then I took a panadol, fell asleep and woke up as right as rain! :? Its certainly not right for everyone to 'ignore' pain but it just goes to show that these pains can hurt pretty bad! Hope you feel better xx

sounds normal to me, i sit at a computer most of the day, and if i stretch my left arm to the arrow keys it hurts in my lower left abdomen, but u can normally tell if its muscle pain, if its worrying you speak to ur midwife or the nhs phoneline hun :)

not good for circulation... and as there is a higher risk of DVT during pregnancy.. it is recommended not to cross your legs......

Kayte&Bump said:
why shouldnt u cross your legs?

xx

Its for Deep Vein thrombosis and other clots as well as you have extra blood in your body when pregnant so circulation needs to be free it is advised to put legs up i found it hard not to cross legs though kept 4getting :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back