Abandoned bulgarian children UPDATED PLEASE READ !!!!

mrs h

Reaction score
Hi did anyone see the programme the abandoned bulgarian children.
Basically for anyone who didnt see it children were abandoned if they were handicapped and were placed in homes
The staff responsible for them fed them scraps, showed them no love or affection.Some were beaten, hardly any could talk as they hadnt been taught and most sat rocking in their chairs as they had no stimulation at all and had gone mad.
A presenter reached out and touched a boy and he grabbed her just for some affection.
I am absolutely heartbroken as i think of the love and affection my son gets.
I am so disturbed by this i really want to go over there and just hug each and every one of them.
I dont want to donate money as im not sure it reaches the homes and money doesnt give affection.
I really cant believe children are treated like and left to die in these homes.
I am writing to the programme to see what i can do to help. I cant believe the world we live in.
Im sorry for such a post but im absolutely heartbroken thinking of these children

Its heartbreaking isnt it.
I visited an orphanage here in Budapest a few weeks ago for the second time, i take clothes that Thea has grown out of. It just broke my heart, the people who run it do their best here, its not like the kids were badly treated but they just have no money and are so grateful for the donations they get. I just wanted to take all the babies home with me :(

i get really upset by things like this too. when nathans and this baby are in their teens id like to take them to some of these places to volunteer.

thats what makes me laugh about people that critise angelina and madonna for having "rainbow" families. does it really matter where they come from??? theyre conditions are probably alot worse than kids in care in this country.

UPDATE!!
I have decided i cant sit back and do nothing after watching that programme.
If anyone wants to see it you can watch it if you have on demand ntl on catch up tv on bbc 4 it was originally aired on the 13th sep.
I have written to Sir Richard Branson to ask whether he could help the cause by paying for flights to bulgaria and provide accomodation for me near the care home so i can spend some time with the children. Even if i can only spend 2/4 weeks there i intend to give each child a happy memory and ensure they are fed and looked after propely while i am there.
I have also written to my mp and to the bulgarian embassy to get them to investigate why these children are being left to die.
I am also organising to send food/clothes/toys over so if anyone has anything to donate then please pm me.
I know people are wary of donating things in case they dont actually end up for the children but i am going to do my best to ensure these children get these gifts.
I dont have a lot of money (in fact i have none) but i intend to go there and just make them smile for a short time. (i know you may think this sounds corny but even a short time of me there would benefit these children)
I am going to do everything i can to publicise the disgusting treatment and hope someone in power does something to help me.
I hope Sir Richard gets on board so i can get over there and make a difference.

Aw great good for you.

My friends adopted a Romanian orphanage and had loads of fundraising events and drove a convoy of lorries over full of clothes and toys.

You should maybe ask someone to donate shipping costs so then you can start asking for toys and clothes to send over.

Did your friend get anyone to help with the shipping costs?
Theres so much i want to do its just knowing where and to ask for help to begin

best of luck hun, i hope you can help them. i didnt see the program, but i can imagine :(

mrs h said:
Did your friend get anyone to help with the shipping costs?
Theres so much i want to do its just knowing where and to ask for help to begin

I'm not sure it was about 10 years ago, they drove it over themselves cos they were worried it would go "missing"

i would love to do the same - even just to give the children one happy memory!

thats so thoughtful of you hun, good luck with it!

if theres anything i could do for you or to help you PM me, id love to be able to help

:hug:

If anyone wants to join me when i go over they are more than welcome. Im obviously awaiting Richard bransons reply and im thinking of the best way of doing things.
Urchins idea of driving over myself to ensure all donations are received is something im seriously considering.
Im having a big think of ways to raise money and awareness.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

That is so sad :cry:
I would love to do something to help if i can, just dont know what, there are thousands of children that suffer around the world it just makes me want to hug my son even more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back