Aaaarrgghh! Help! Green poo! Stressed!

english rose

Reaction score
As the title says.

LO has just done what looks like a normal poo (runny and yellow) with bits of pesto in it! (Green slimey blobs!) She' NEVER had this before.

She's 4 1/2 months old and 100% breast fed.

She looks a bit off colour to me and seems a little warm (tho no temp yet)

Anyone else had this? Did it turn into anything? So stressed - don't want my baby girl to be poorly! :-(

Green poo is supposed to be a sign of wind, we've had that with Emily before. Is your LO a bit windy at the moment? X

Not really. She's often quite a wind bag, especially in the morning - lots of trumps! But she's been okay today.

Don't worry!! I'm gonna find u a thread I posted months a go with pics just need to put wee man to bed.

It can be too much foremilk, not enough foremilk or wind. I spoke to doc and HV about mine and none seemed bothered at all. We gave Tyler infacol and after a week or so it sorted it :) do you feed from one side a feed?

Kayla done a green poo when she was in hospital with her breathing issue and i showed nurse all panicked and she said so what thats normal only worry if its every poo for a long time ,

I call it incredible hulk poo, Riven had one last week, I spoke to the HV and she said it was because he was storing wind even though we had been burping every 30ml...

We gave him infacol and it stopped and we back to chicken korma poo lol

Xxxx

Thanks ladies. It's so reassuring to know you're here whenever I'm stressed! It's just so unusual for my LO and I'm worried it'll turn into diarrhoea or something.

Oh, pinky - I used to feed one side only, but recently have been trying to get her to feed from both as she's a bit of a 'snacker and snoozer' so I've been trying to get her to take a 'good' feed each time.

Maybe she's getting a lot of foremilk? or the changing over could be making her windy?

OH NO!!! She has temp of 38.4 now! And has had 2 more runny green poos. Anyone else had similar?

Last edited:
I don't think it would be related but ring NHS direct if you are worried.

thankyou ladies... i never knew green poo is a sign of wind.. keira has this quite often, very rarely a yellow poo now... might explain a few things... any suggestions shes on gripe as infacol wasnt aggreein with her xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back