a "what goes best with the surname" poll (girls names)

chelsea

Reaction score
well we have a short list (subject to change. but i wrote out 2 lists and these are the 4 that me and OH both ticked that we both liked

anyway we think we are gonna use his surname (German) but cant decide what names we like best to go with it so would like some neutral opinions

also on the spelling of one of them

Riley or Rylee??

thanks for your help we are stuck! lol

Well i dont like Erin German.
And prefer the spelling Riley.

I vote Annalise

I picked Erin German :D

I don't really know why though it just stood out for me :)

I really like the name Erin but voted for Imogen as I think it sounds nice with German. :)

If it's JUST what goes best I think Riley (with that spelling) because it softens a quite hard sounding surname. I love the name Annalise though, and it goes nicely so that's what I voted for.

Personally I don't think that Erin or Imogen goes very well, because of the 'n' at the end of both the forename and surname. Also the repetition of 'g' in Imogen German doesn't work at all for me.

thanks everyone!

this naming thing is hard :lol:

he also likes Annabelle/Annabella so its another to add to the list! its so hard cause i like them all for different reasons!

im not keen on erin but i voted it lol

my fav is imogen, but i think it sounds too much with your surname.. sorry :oops:

Annalise for me. I think "Imogen German" has two many "Juh" sounds to work. In my opinion. The names you've chosen are lovely (not so keen on Riley for a girl though, sorry) but I think Annalise works best with your surname.

thanks everyone :)

we are kind of going off imogen (not going off it but cant imagine calling our little girl it) my surname is Ellison so we can use that, i think its just cause its "tradition" to use the fathers surname (and he's the only son so the only one that can carry on the German surname) then we are going to use that but he doesnt mind if we use my surname and i dont mind if we use his (we are very indecisive :lol: )

we both like Erin and Annalise and Riley best though i think. OH likes Riley spelt like Ryley though but argh! its so hard! but we have plenty of time i suppose :)

Erin is my choice if we ever have a 3rd :shhh:

I love it!

I dont like Riley for a girl and on a practical note i would think everyone would asume she was a boy. Sorry :hug:

I like imogen but agree that it is a mouthful.

I vote erin!

I love annalise (really pretty name)

My OH loves Riley but it reminds me of the snooker place we have near us called rileys! Quite a popular choice at the moment though.

Claire x

My first name is Erin & last name is German (huge coincidence, I know). I've had it for years & have appreciated having a name that is not too popular or trendy.

annalise german sounds best i think, dont hear it much anymore

debecca said:
Annalise for me. I think "Imogen German" has two many "Juh" sounds to work. In my opinion. The names you've chosen are lovely (not so keen on Riley for a girl though, sorry) but I think Annalise works best with your surname.

Same for me ;)

i prefer annalise german- the 3-and-2-syllable name flows nicely (i might be biased there with my daughters name tho lol!)

i kno imogen has the same number of syllables but theres too many "g" and "n" sounds with german.

hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back