A very late birth story.

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. as you all know i had my beautiful little boy six weeks ago, but iv not been able to get on and tell my story, i think the last you all heard i was in hospital when i posted that i'd had him so i just want to share the story of how my miracle got here with you (even though it is very very late)

well i was 11days overdue when i went into hopital 2 b induced. it was 6pm and they started me off. for the first couple of hours nothing much happened, n fact i was walking around the room (which was ver nice) moaning that nothing was happening, my mum and Ian were with me but as othing was happening my mum went home and i told her id call if things got moving.

At about eleven my contractions started to get painfull, but i was more excited that things were moving (these were the nice contractions, u no, the ones that lead u into a false sense of security) anyway, around about one o clock they were really quite bad i asked the mw 4 some pain relief and instead gave me a tablet 2 try make me sleep (i dont think a horse tranquiliser would have sent me off at that point as it was really painfull) when i couldnt sleep she gave me some pethadine, i slept for all of 1/2 hr and woke up, she offered me scond dose but i refused as the first tme she stabbed me it bloody hurt and i was bleeding everywhere where she'd jabbed me.

WELL ... ian fell asleep ... yep im in agony and hes ASLEEP, i told him to wake up (by this time it was 4am and im sucking on the gas and air like it was oxygen) he woke up and shouted at me 4 waking him as he had toothache ... ian likes his sleep u see as lovely as he i, anyway i told him balls to his toothche i was in labour! with my point across he woke up, only just.

mum turned up at about nine o clock, by which time id had a hot bath, which did naff all, but the gas and air was great ... i can honestly say that it doesnt do anything for the pain, but i was so high, i didnt care, it was great.

time slowly ticked by and at eleven o clock, i gave in just mumbling epidural, it had been 28 hours since my last proper sleep and it didnt look like things would move quickly. by 12 the anaethatist had come and given me my epidural, by which time i still refused to give up the gas and air.

I couldnt feel the contractions but i could still feel the pressure and i cried :( bless me, i'd had enough.

by 2 o clock they said i was fully dilated, time to start pushing, to this i replied i couldnt be bothered, i didnt want to do it anymore could i come back tomorrow, ... they said no. i tried pushing on my back, that wasnt working so i lay on my side doing it, ian stood stroking my hand, he looked terrified, and mum was great too and kept trying to encourage me asking where all my determination was, i said i had none left.

after being threatened with being cut and having an assisted birth with the forceps i pushed and out popped his head, well i as too tired after that i couldnt be bothered to push so i left it a few minutes, gave another push and out he came, all 8lb 3 beautiful ounces of him, and ian and my mum both cried like little girls, i was well and truly nakerd but not too tired to hold my gorgeous little man. about half an hour later, my dad and ians parents were allowed in and they all fell in love with him.

Alfie is six weeks and 1 day old today and i couldnt be prouder of him, well worth the 21 hours of labour, he is the love of my life. if i had to do it all again, i would in a second (well in 21 hrs) x

Glad it all went well in the end.
They really do need in invent something to give ladies in labour to boost your energy. 21 hours :shock: well done you :clap:

Alfie007.jpg

This is when Alfie was a day old
[/img]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q272/fingerscrossed_2006/Alfie120.jpg

the second pic aint working hun
but the first is loverly he is totally gorgous

thankyou hun, ... i think so too even though i am biased, he is very much like his daddy :lol: :dance: i just also want to thank everyone for their support and for the laughs i had when i was pregnant, in the last 3 months when i was as big as a house you girls were all i had for company at times, and it was great talking to ppl in the same situation. thanx girlies x x x :hug: :hug: :hug: to you all

big :hug: to u too hun, its all worth the pain in the end isnt it!!

every mummys biased, thats the way the world should be lol!! bet his daddys happy!! :hug:

he is absolutly gorgeous!!!

lmao @ toothache... men u gotta love em eh :D

congrats!!! xx

Brill birth story hun, thanks for sharing it with us xxx

Great birth story, sounds a bit like mine.

Glad he got here safe and sound, he's a little belter :)

Now that is one seriously cute young man :D

Well done hun and what a fab story, love your way of writing :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back