A tip for dummy lovers

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Thought Id share this. Basically Daniel still has his dummy but for sleep purposes only. It was a nightmare to get up in the night and stick a dummy back during the night even though there were about 5 in there. So quite a while ago I decided to attach a dummy to his sleeping bag. Basically I saw it on ribbon and saw the ribbon onto his sleeping bag just enought for him to get it and put into his mouth.

Worked a treat for us. Soon enough he knew where to look for it and is managing to get it into his mouth even in deepest sleep.
And, I washed a sleeping bag quite a few times and dummy is absolutely undamaged.

xxx

we have always attactched a dummy to his sleeping bag i'm hopeing as he gets older he will learn to put it in his mouth he's ok at doing it during the day just not during the night and it is annoying getting up to put it back in. but just a thought would it not be easier to just attatch the dummy to the ribbon and sleeping bag with just a small pin. we've always used a pin and ribbon since he was born and never had any problems when attatched to his clothes bib or sleeping bag. just seems a bit daft to sew it on and have to put the whole lot through the wash :think:

I would just be affraid that my DS would undu the pin and hurt himself (you wont believe things he can do! :lol: )
There is nothing wrong in putting the whole lot for a wash (mind you, I am using natural washing powder ;) ). Have done it quite a few times and dummy is still as new :D

I know those :D
But my little boy after a while learned to take it off, so sawing is the only way for us :lol:

We just put about 5/6 dummies in her cot and she usually finds one nearby. It was great when she learnt this skill. I got the tip of putting several in the cot from a friend. Glad you have found a solution that works for you....saves the "dummy runs" doesn't it? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back