A silly question???

i packed about 5 vest and sleep suits but had to get mum to bring more in as he was very sicky and we were only in 1 nite lol

and yes i did pack the baby bath but no one showed me how to bath him n sed i could do it wen i got home :( :(

i packed for about 3 months worth of clothes lol

Keep it light that is my advice :)

Oh tnx for the advice! I thik i will do what you suggested sarah and take 5 of each if i need more OH can bring them in lol! Lets hope im only in the night like you sarah, 6 hours would be even better lol!

Tnx again

Kelly

Hi

Mothercare sell a starter set. I think you get 12 pieces for £10 (or the other way around) :)

You get baby grows. Vests. Scratch mits. Hat and Booties.

I bought one newborn set before Isaac arrived and took it to hospital then when he had grown out of that I bought the next size up. They are excellent value and wash up really well.

And yep I took all of Isaac's toiletries but didnt use any of them!

Lou :)

I took a couple of sleepsuits and vests 9in sizes newborn and 0-3 in case she was a big or small baby). Also took a snowsuit and an outfit to take her home inn as it was winter.Didn't take in any toiletries as they say not to use anyhting but water for the first 4 weeks. x

I packed 3 vests and 3 sleepsuits but I never took enough, I had to have more brought in. I was in 2 days. I also wished I had packed bibs and Rubie spewed all the time. I would take 5 of each. I also wish I had packed some small stuff as Rubie didn't grow into newborn til she was about 6 weeks old!!

Yea i had this problem too! Brooke was only 4LB when she was born nothing i had fitted her! i had to borrow some bits off the special baby care unit as it was new years day and no where was open to buy new bits lol My mum went an bought some bits as soon as they opened an brought them into me

Kelly

Yeah we had that problem, nowhere was open as Rubie was born on Christmas day. Made it cheaper though cos we got it all in the January sales lol :lol:

LOL same problem - pack some tiny baby bits!!!
I took 5 of each but they were huge on tiny Damien, even the tiny baby stuff was big! :shock:
I would get the rest of the babygrows you have ready in a bag as weel as other 'bac up bits' just incase you run out, you can;t do washing there remember!
Pack plenty of bibs too, I forgot these and ended up using sheets for the first 2 days lol. Didn't take baby toiletries, didn't need them hospital provided them.

I'd make a bag up for you with basic bits then have back up stuff layed out at home ready too incase you spend a bit longer in or need something etc, so you OH can find it easier. I didn;t do this and Mark ended up bringing some interesting things in! :lol:

Id defo advise packing a cheap pack of tiny babygros..(3quid in asda) We thought Charlie would be huge, but she was 6lb and even tiny baby stuff hung off her. we had to 'borrow' from the hospital until OH had been shopping for more stuff. She is still in tiny baby stuff now, but is slowly growing out of them.
As for toiletries i wouldnt bother taking much, the hospital provide most stuff, i just took nappies and cotton wool.
As it has been said, dont forget the bibs!!
I packed a bag for me, a bag for Charlie and a bag for OH which had CD's, money, snacks, and some toiletries and change of clothes for him.....there was no way he was going home if i wasnt LOL!!
Good Luck Hun xx

Take Jaffa cakes, they were a godsend for me. I was able to snack and after a day of not eating I was blooming hungrey (then OH nicked the rest and I went without, bad OH) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back