A million questions...

SunnyGirl

Reaction score
I think I may have a million Qs for this section - brace yourselves for first time mummy Qs!!

My first is - will the saggy belly ever go? Not out of vanity, but more because I am squeamish about it hanging over the C-section scar *boke*
I am a bit funny about bodily stuff sometimes!!

xxxx

Hi hun, ask away!!

Didn't have a c section so not sure if that makes a difference but my belly has almost gone... Just needs toning up which I'm too lazy to do!

If you're sensible about what you eat and you exercise, it should go, yes :)

I had a section and yes, it eventually goes. People have said that they can end up eith a slight overhang after having a section but I haven't notices anything tbh. I just eat crap so my belly isn't as flat as it was lol.

i didn't have a c-section either and mine has gone, just needs toning up like mikid said.

i know people that have had c-sections and to be honest i have no idea what they look like under their clothes lol, but the look great when i see them no bulging belly etc.

im sure it will go back to normal.

xx

I didn't have a section and my saggy belly had virtually gone by the time Lucas was 3 months. Just needs toning up. xx

Thanks girls - good to hear they go!! There were these women on the ward going on about how they never go and I thought nooo!
I've stopped eating all the sweet stuff I craved in preg so it should be ok. Really looking after my diet now - lots of soups, veg, sensible portions. I allow myself one square of choc a day tho :D

Not that I wasn't looking after it before - I just ate massive portions and indulged every want of choc, biccies, pizza etc! Loon...

Are you breast feeding? It goes away even quicker, the first week I could feel it contracting as I fed, my tummy is just soft now really, just needs some sit ups to tone it back up!

My saggy tummy has pretty much gone as well just needs some toning up. I breastfed for 2 weeks and I did like the benefits of burning calories as you feed and helping get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but it was just too tiring and it was making me cry alot, so switched to bottles. I'm starting my sit ups again though :). I'm near enough back to my normal weight just need toning. I allow myself loads of crap a day :lol: xx

Having real trouble BFing - the hospital stressed us both out so much and Eliot looks so distressed every time I try him at the breast now. Poor wee guy :(
We're formula feeding at the mo, with expression with a pump (only right breast is producing and only a weeny bit - am on the fennel tea and getting fenugreek capsules next week!), and I've nipple shields for my flat nips haha!
On the one occasion he did latch on, I felt the contractions of the uterus.
Today the belly was a little bit less hangy so I am hopeful :)
Good to hear from you all that it goes and then just needs toning xx

Even expressing will help a bit if you keep it up. It is so hard to breast feed, you kind of expect it to just happen, I spent from 10pm til 5am last night basically with Kynon stuck on my boob cos he wouldn't settle and I'm so sore and tired now, you can't be prepared for that in pregnancy can you! Glad your tummy looking better today, just need to remember a c section is a big op and it will take time to get your flat tum back x

I keep worrying because something always gets in the way of expressing as we're finding our feet. I hope I don't dry up :(
I'll have to just try to get something done every 3 hours even if it's just ten min. Tough going the first week!!
X

The first week is tough esp once the initial adrenaline wears off! Can your mw help you out with feeding? We also have a breast feeding support nurse here who have been brilliant

my tummy is pretty much back to normal, just need to tone and pray the stretchmarks go! i gave birth naturally. you will be fine! xx

Sunny girl! How did I miss the arrival of Eliot? (nothing to do with sleep deprivation I'm sure!)
Congratulations, lovely news xxx

i must admit, my tummy has the c section overhang, i kinda have to tuck my tummy into my jeans :-( was an 8-10 before pregnancy but have to wear a 12 on bottom still to compensate for my tummy, hoping for a tummy tuck when ive finished having babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back