• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

a little worried after consultant appointment

mumbum

Reaction score
hi ladies. this is a bit pointless really but i just cant stop worrying about it.

had my consultant app today due to asthma and a bmi of 35.
they decided to give me a growth scan as my "bmi means i could have a large baby" (they sure know how to make a girl feel great about herself) even tho my daughter was an nice 7.2lb!

anyway it turns out little bobbin is measuring quite small (approx 27 wks rather than my 30+5) and the consultant was great explaining its ok to have small baby so long as it keeps growing at a steady rate but if it isnt growing then not so good. so he wanted me back in two weeks to check.......
....now ive just had a call from the hospital saying they want to monitor and scan me and baby twice a week! so im slightly confused on their change of plan all of a sudden and now a little worried too! :(

anyone else had a similar experience?

My bmi is 37, my baby was 7lb 4ozs, I wouldn't listen to them unless the scans show something.

BMI is a load of rubbish and most people are measured wrong anyway.

They will use BMI as an excuse for you not to do a lot of stuff when your pregnant, make sure you do your research and you will be fine.

Your BMI is actually a standard BMI.

X x x

And at least with the monitoring you get to hear baby x x

I had this known as IUGR at 28 weeks it was picked up and they measure it on the scanner, it is when the placenta is not feeding the baby correctly. I had to have daily moniters and then scans every two days. I went to 30+2. They wait until it is showing as reverse flow and then the baby must be out quite quickly . My boy measured 2lb 4 and was in neonatal for 8 weeks.

well i went for ny first monitoring session saturday. heartbeat fine and plenty of movements so looking pisitive at mo. have to go back wednesday for the same again and another growth scan.......to continue like this every wed and sat until they are happy baby is growing at a reasonable rate.

mw explained slightly better that worse case scenario is baby not growing at all well then they will want to get it out. but if its possible they prefer to wait until at least 35wks. but if baby is growing albeit slowly they will leave it as long as poss. there is of course the chance that baby growing steadily just on the small side..
.wait for growth scans to tell us.

all seems a big drama for possibly no reason. but then at least they are doing their jobs.

they are also monitoring the flow of your placenta also and trust me it can change quite quickly from working well to not working which is the main reason some babies grow slower or stop growing then it becomes an emergency.sounds like u are getting great care tho xx

they are also monitoring the flow of your placenta also and trust me it can change quite quickly from working well to not working which is the main reason some babies grow slower or stop growing then it becomes an emergency.sounds like u are getting great care tho xx

yes thanks hun they are taking care of me. i had a scan today that showed there hasnt been much growth yet but its only a week so await next weeks for official growth report. they did check the doppler blood flow through the cord and that was good so im not as worried now jysf a waiting game to see if baby beefs up! they estimate it is apporox 2lb 10oz at the mo. which.is low for almost 32wks but smsller bsbies are born and survive so im thinking of it this way to stay positive! its a real wriggler anyway which is a good sign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back