A bit worried (ok big time worried)

heggie10

Reaction score
Hi ladies

How are we all doing. Ok into my 9 week already. Have told family thats all & two close friends.

See my problem is i don't feel pregnant. When i was ttc all i could think about was babies, verywhere i went there seemed to be babies, pregnant women etc and i was just dying for it to be me wondering when is this going to happen for me its not fair.

Now that i am pregnant i don't really feel anything haven't looked at babies clothes or anything. Pregnant women don't seem to have the same affect on me as before. I don't feel excited or wondering where am i going to put the cot etc. OH hasn't touch my belly to feel it grow. Have read books about what is going to happen and the whole thing:wall2: scares the devil out of me (don't think I can handle pain) So ladies is it just me or will i begin to feel excited once i start to show. Sorry for the long post. I know that some of ye will probable say stupid b itch.

I don't think anyone here will think you are being stupid!! or a bltch in anyway at all!

I think it's self preservation. I'm scared to get excited in case we lose it. Yes, I think it takes time to sink in and you will get more into it, but its ok to feel a bit freaked at first. You wont be the first or the last I promise xx

Hi Heggie,
I am so with you on this one!!
I find it VERY hard to get excited when thinking of the future due to so many things that could go wrong and i really dont want to get our hopes up!
Also it is the big reality of the massive change this little bambino will bring into your life, the commitment and responsibilities that come with it are huge and sometimes I think gosh am i ready for this?!!
But i think once we have our scans and see our little chicken nugget then it may just sink in and that motherly instinct will kick in!

I'm sure we'll be fine!.................do you have a scan date booked yet? Mines the 6th June!

xx

About 2 weeks ago, I went "shit, I'm pregnant - OMG really? " think when had 20 week scan, bump well developed then the excitement and reality sets in then. I'm just beginning to think about space, baby clothes, what I need etc.... I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal - its like after BFP, huge anti-climax. Its like OK, I'm pregnant so now what? Oh yeah worry till you reach 12 weeks, worry till 16 weeks Downes test, worry till 20 weeks detailed scan and just after that you can actually start thinking "hey, I'm gonna actually have a baby" My advice is just relax and enjoy, it will all of a sudden hit you later!

Hi lisa

Ya had my scan already due to the fact that i was getting cramps seen baby with a heartbeat but it didn't sink in yet. Ya i know its there but haven't got to the point as where i am jumping for joy incase anything happens. Oh i think had tears in his eyes but i didn't look to closly at him. Next scan 28th june. Maybe when i get to tell the rest of my friends then it mite sink in.

Like the other girls have said, I'm sure what you are feeling at the moment is completely normal, and many of us feel the same way. Sooner or later, excitement will kick in, be that when you have your scan or when you can feel you baby move or whenever - but it will come!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back