A bit disappointed with scan pic :(

Redshoes

Reaction score
Had our 20 week scan on Monday, I was actually then dated 22 weeks, and I am so glad he's doing well and everything appears normal in there, but I can't help but feel sad about the scan pic :( I would have prefered a pic of his feet, they were so cute .. though thanks to peeps on here mentioning Babybond, I'm now going to go have a scan from there I think, I know I'm being silly, baby's well which is most important thing, just look at the scan pic and wish it were better :cry:

littleman20wk.gif

I feel the same about some of my scan pics hun although I've got about 15 from this pregnancy so theres some that I like :oops:

I know its nice to have a really clear picture but the trouble with hospital scans is that their main purpose is to make sure the babys alright so the sonographer wont sit there for ages trying to get a good picture, you just have to make do with what they give you.

At least with Babybond and other private scanning places the scan is for your enjoyment rather than anything else so they have the time get a decent pic, and above all else you're paying for it so you can expect them to be good.

Saying that I guess some babies just dont arent really photogenic :lol:

Its a really awkward situation isn't it.

It depends on the sonographer, how much time they have and how nice they sre.

I have had one scan done with the normal scan unti at my hospital. They gave me one opicture, which wasn't very good at all as it makes my baby look like a floating head.

However i am part of a local womens survey that measures my baby through my pregnancy and i have had 3 scan with them. They spend ages and try to get you good images and i have had a further 10 pictures from then.

It is just a shame the NHS scan people don't realise how important it is to get a nice picture of your baby.

I f you have a private one you will get treated much better.

Hope all goes well,
Lau xx

Thankyou kirsty :hug: and lmarszall (LOVE your scan pic by the way) - What's the survey group like? Are you enjoying it? :hug:
I'm sure we'd all love pictures of every part of our LO's from our scans, but I'm sure I'm not alone in the wanting a nice picture of baby's profile, he just wasn't having any of it either, facing down and all hehe

Best Wishes!! :hug:

Thanks,

It is nice to be in the survaey i am so lucky. They treat you well and spend ages on your scan. I had the nuchal scan woth the main hospital and they were so rushed and didn't really care. The scan people point out everything they can and make an effort. I suppose it is because you are allowing them to do their research so you are doing them a favour.

if it wasn't for that i would probably have a private scan and save up for it!
Or have an early baby shower and make everyone lese pay, lol :lol:

In my 20 week scan peanut wasn't laying very well and it was hard to get decent pictures!

xxxx

hun at least you got one... i never got a 20 week pic :(

Sorry to hear you were disappointed by the scan pictures. I felt a bit like that too when I was given mine at 12 weeks. But it's like Kirsty said the sonographers are more interested in examining the baby and not so much in providing good photos :(

When I had a detailed scan before the CVS test at KCH in London the scan was amazing. :shock: I could see every little detail on the baby and the Doctor was so patient waiting for LO to move to the right position etc. The whole thing lasted about 20 minutes. He gave me 2 photos as well (one is on my profile here). I thought they were really detailed.

Just goes to show how the whole experience can vary between sonographers and hospitals (and the type of machine can affect things too).

I hope you have better luck next time. Or that you can get a private scan. :)

:hug:
Sabrina
x

I know exactly how you feel we had our 12 week scan last week and it was pants we were rushed in and rushed back out in the blink of an eye and I never really got to even see the baby exept for a lil glimpse. Our pic is terrible you can't see much it's like the others say the sonographers are just interested in doing their job which is a good thing but it would be nice to have had a few minutes to just look at the baby. So we've arranged to have a private scan done tomorrow I'm praying we'll get to see a bit more details.

I feel the same about my 20 week pics too, I was hoping that they'd be really clear cos its the most detailed scan you get but they werent as good as I hoped :(

I also thought it would last a while cos she had to do all the measurements but it was over within 10 minutes. Now I dont get to see him til he's born!

I love the idea of a 3D scan with a DVD but we're spending all our money on decorating and baby stuff at the minute :roll:

Hi

Sorry you are not happy with your scan pic hun :hug:
When pregnant with Kiara when i went for a scan at 16 weeks all i got was a picture of her face and i wanted a body pic, i was so upset.
Hope you get a decent one at your private scan
Katrina

Hiya

I know exactly what you mean - all of mine have been rubbish this time. The ones of Maddie were fantastic so it's really disappointing. But as you say, baby's well which is the main thing.

Hope your private scan goes better

LBxx

Thankyou everyone, I do know baby is well and that's the main thing, but thankyou for making me feel better, I should be grateful for his health, and stop moaning about my pic, I guess all sonographers should work to the same ends then we'd all get the best results :hug:

So sorry to hear you got no pic neeko_1 :hug:

i am so close to booking a private scan because we dont get another one in glasgow either...i think its shocking, they can tell so much from that 20 week scan...i dont think i can wait for babs, i want to see him again (still saying he although we have no idea lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back