9 month old miserable at home!

Holi

Reaction score
I'm about ready to pull my hair out!

DD2 is the most laid back, happy baby when we are out and about or at someone else's house, but as soon as we step foot back in our house she turn into a whingy monster!

At first I thought it was cos she was bored with all her old toys but she's had loads of brilliant toys for Christmas but she still is miserable and won't play with them. Won't go in jumparoo. Doesn't like being cuddled. If I sit her up she always ends up in her tummy crying! She can't crawl yet and I'm wondering if she's getting frustrated with that?

All my family and friends think I'm lying because she's so happy/placid when they see her, it's driving me and hubby mad cos we just don't know how to sooth her/make her happy at home!

I don't remember dd1 being like this? Is this normal 9m old behaviour?! X

My lo is 17 months and doesn't like being in the living room most of the time! I don't know if it's because he feels 'penned in' or if he's just bored of it. We moved last month so it's not as if he's spent a lot of time in the new living room either! x

It sounds normal - there's a bug developmental leap at around 9 months and it lasts for about 5 or 6 weeks. They need constant stimulation at that age as they get bored easily, and get frustrates because they have more control over their bodies but not as much as they'd like. It will end, promise!

Does she like standing up? All my 9month old wants to do is stand up and touch all the none toy things he can reach.

What about treasure baskets do you have one? Look at pinterest My son likes some mini stainless steal pots, a nail brush a loofah etc... different textures. These are only for supervised play though. You can often make them from household items or a cheap shopping trip

I'm the same as you Mel, my 9 month old just wants to stand at things and grab things he shouldn't! He does have his two year old sister to play with though so she keeps him entertained. He gets most frustrated if you try to just sit him on your lap and not let him explore which is what my partner tends to do because he hates having to crawl around after him! Exploration seems to be key x

I defo find my 9 mo is happier when allowed to roam free! Annoying when you have a 2 year old who leaves small things lying around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back