9/11

Not really it concentrated on both aspects but i beileve, from watching it, more so on the heroic efforts of the men that stopped the hijackers. I have also read about it (the film) and it states the same thing.

It didnt really concentrate on the aftermath at all. It showed the event while it was happening. It didnt show anything from after the event or the administration after the event. However it did give an opinion on the administration DURING the event.

The movie about the plane that crashed in a field because the passengers attack the highjackers is called Flight 93, we watched a couple of nights ago. Those guys were so brave.

We watch the 9/11 documentary too. I still can't believe it, its just so sad.

We went to ground zero last year, they have the sculpture that was outside the towers in a park, its all dented, i'll see if i've got a photo but seeing that made it seem more real, if that makes sense.

What makes me angry is that it probably could have been avoided if the govenment had listened & acted :evil:

ugh duh yeah i got the films mixed up flight 93 thats the one thanks chick xx

is Flight 93 good?

is it at the pictures? or can i get it from blockbusters?

babsi said:
http://www.fahrenheit911.com/

About Fahreneit 9/11. Remember the speech at Oscars when the war in Iraq started?

If you read above you will notice that i got the film names mixed up.

I did notice but you never pointed that out to me directly.

:shock: seriously? I pointed it out in general. Sorry i didnt realise i had to address the post to you specifically.

Babsi, i got the film names mixed up. Better?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Here are some pics -

100_1334.jpg

100_1331.jpg

100_1243.jpg

100_1245.jpg

I know, it was so wierd standing next to it. I nearly cried looking at it. :(

:( I remember when it happened seeing the list of all the people died

and i got so upset. I had a friend that was in the towers on buisness the day before it happened, the next day he quit work from the shock,.

God, i'm not surprised.

My boyfriend at the time had a friend who worked there. He lost his life :(

We had just sat doen in the cinema when it happened & my b/f got a text from a mate who works for Sky news saying what happened. Neither of us could concentrate on the film. After we went into town to a t.v shop and watched live as the towers collapsed. It was so surreal, everyone just stood in shock with our mouths hanging open.

A family friend lives in NYC & was on the waiting list to be a fireman. He would have had to wait years but then 9/11 happened & he was called up straight away. So sad that the only way he got the job so quickly was because so many of them died :(

everytime i watch one of them programs i end up crying my eyes out! all them brave people who still saved people even tho they knew it ment most probably death for them is amazing

Visited New York in 1999, stayed in the Hilton opposite the World Trade...we would sit in our hotel room late at night, and could see into the offices there, all the lights were left on at the weekend and we would joke at the waste of electricity..I still cant believe its gone
We went to the viewing floor, and to the top, it was soooo high and breath taking, I cant imagine now how the people in there must of felt

We visisted a deli opposite every morning for brekkie, the guys who ran it were so friendly and I still think of them now, if they are ok...

New York is such an amazing place, their people are the friendliest and most genuine people I have ever had the pleasure to meet...They didnt deserve the horrific events of that day

I will return one day...my sis returned for her honeymoon and I asked her to take flowers to lay at Ground Zero, she said it was devestating that it had gone

God bless them all :cry:

zoe did you lean over in the viewing room and look through the glass. if i can remember correctly you can lean right onto the glass cant you, it feels as if you can fall through

Yeah, you put your toes against the glass and your nose, and its a sheer drop below, amazing!!! I am terrified of heights, and my legs gave way as I stepped out of the lift, it took me ages to get to the glass, but wow I am glad I did, it was awesome.

while we were up there, we turned round and bumped into my sisters boss who was also in New York with her hubbie...what a small world!!!!

its a scary thought zoe but imagine being up there at the wrong time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back