8 week immunisation reactions

Newmum13

Reaction score
Hi,

My little girl had her injections today and has been so distressed all afternoon, screaming like she never has before and then dosing in my arms but screaming when she wakes. I've checked her temperature and she doesn't have a fever so not sure what is wrong. Did anyone else have this?
Thanks

Mine had hers yesterday and same reaction as yours.

When i went to have the immunisations done for my little girl (now 19 weeks) they said if she cries continually and doesn't seem to settle to ring the childrens ward, same if her temp went above 39.9 to go straight to a&e and if she started vomiting blood or had blood in the stool.

I was very lucky on all occasions, first time she cried for 5 seconds and stopped, just cried then if you touched her thighs as they were a bit tender.

The last lot she had she had the first one cried for a couple of seconds stopped, 2nd one she started angry moaning at the nurse and final one she cried and then started blowing really angry raspberries at the nurse. Then smiled as we left.

Needless to say my daughter is definitely a special character... so many people tell me their child/baby screamed while having the immunisations and after for a little bit.

If you are worried and it is out of hours call the hospital and ask to speak to a paedatrition. If in hours ring your hospital/midwife/health visitor.

This is us today. Just getting ready to go :/ daddy working late so not looking forward to this evening. Does it only last a few hours or should we not book any trips/visitors for the next few days?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back