8 month old snacks

katie_lou

Reaction score
Hi all.

My LO has 3 meals a day but am struggling with snacks . I did try BLW but we stopped that has poor ruby had a few really bad gagging incidents which scared the hell out of me and frightened her as well .

Any idea of what I can give her for a snack .

Xxxx

How is she with finger food now?

I like the organix carrot sticks? They are like wotsits so they dissolve x

How is she with finger food now?

I have her some toast this morning and she was ok with that . The gagging just scares the hell out of me. She wi prob be better with finger foods when she has some teeth xxx

My lo was munching through food without teeth but yes they do help. My DS likes carrot sticks, rice cakes (organix or boots), toast, banana, bagels etc. I give raisins as well but I gave him finger foods from 5,5 months. Start with soft things like broccoli, avocado, banana etc. She should be better now she is 8 months

I give Ella

Breadsticks
Wotsits/quavers
Carrot sticks
Apple
Banana
Grapes
Raisins
Cheese
Digestive biscuits

Erm think that's about it for snacks!

Max has Organix carrot puffs and loves them they're brill and she won't choke or gag on them as they dissolve- there's a few different versions of them. Also rice cakes will dissolve. I usually give fruit as a snack like tinned pears (in fruit juice not syrup) or banana etc

Oh and also Heinz Biscotti biscuits (plain ones) they melt in their mouth but also need a little chewing :)

I give Ella

Breadsticks
Wotsits/quavers
Carrot sticks
Apple
Banana
Grapes
Raisins
Cheese
Digestive biscuits

Erm think that's about it for snacks!

Pretty much the same here as well as cracker bread with philli cheese and celery sticks. I'd say 9 times out of 10 she doesn't actually eat a lot of it but it keeps her quiet for a good 10 minutes which is always a winner lol.

Noah's 8 months old now also and is same, he has 3 meals a day and when he starts gagging on things it scares me so much!

For snacks i give usually give him some Organix crisps (as mentioned previous, carrot stick ones are great, look like big wotsits). They do other types but Noah doesn't get on with them as well as those.
I've tried him with Stage 2 rice cakes too but he seems to gag a lot on them when they start coming apart, so decided to stop with them!

I give him baby biscuits. Heinz do flavoured ones which are good. I had one before I gave one to him and they dissolve very easily in the mouth and never had a problem with them. Other then that I've tried little bits of bread etc but he hasn't got any teeth yet :( patiently waiting lol

They give crumpets at baby and toddler they would be nice and soft, Alice has six teeth but still chocked on a bit of apple the other day at baby and toddler, i put her over my knee and gave her about 5 big slaps before it came out. Im not worried though i have done first aid training with college and i think that help you stay clam. They offer first aid training at sure start also if that something you would like to do, i found it takes the worry out of chocking in a strange way! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back