8 1/2 yo Showing off?

Babylicious

Reaction score
Paris is a madam when we go to relatives houses, at present within 5 minutes she's throwing toys, being cheeky, screaming and running around like a loon.

How do you deal with showing off when you are out? It's easy at home as I just tell her to leave the room until she's calmed down, but at others houses she doesn't listen and takes it too far.

Would it be fair for me to make her sit and play rather than getting up running around etc? Or would that be being mean? She has little self control so I'm stuck

HELP!!!

Its hard, my daughter does it to. I usually take her to one side and explain that im not amused and any more and her friends wont be coming again EVER. Or she wont be going to XyZ. Its a power struggle at that age, she just wants to see how far she can take you before you say enough. Kate started at 8 ish and i found it really hard at 1st as i didnt want Lou to think THAT her being like she was is the norm and he could do it to, he just hides in a corner anyway if we are anywhere he doesnt know so thats not an issue.

Kate usually knows when she has taken it a step to far.

Yup, you are in the "power struggle" phase. My son at ten is the same...boys tend to start a bit later, from what i understand. I dont have the answers, the only thing that seems to sort of work is reading the riot act BEFORE you leave home and a punishment hanging in the air that they know you will follow through with. Then when at the place you are going a small reminder is usually enough.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back