7-8 weeks pregnant, now being told 5 weeks pregnant. Bad news?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Olivia118, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Olivia118

Olivia118 Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused and wondered if anyone can help? I've gone for an emergency scan today, and they couldn't find anything on an abdominal scan. They did an internal scan and they found the sac? And there was 3 small white circles, it was difficult to see if it was one bigger circle. Even the sonographer was confused so she called 2 more doctors and they couldn't be sure either. So they've rescheduled for 10 days time, they think I could be much earlier on than I thought. They're guessing around 5 weeks. But I got my bfp on the 22nd of Feb!? Is there anyway I got a SUPER early bfp or is it more likely that this pregnancy isn't progressing? I'm so confused as I thought I was between 7 and 8 weeks pregnant. I'd love to hear of any stories similar to this and their outcome. I've told myself that it's not successful to prepare for the worst in 10 days time when they scan me again.

2. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

Sorry to say I don't think this will have a good outcome. If you got a positive on Feb 22, even if you were super early and only 3 weeks along, you'd still be 7 weeks.. at 7 weeks you'd see a little blob with a heartbeat. I'm so sorry you're going through this xxx

3. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

I hope I'm wrong but like @WinterWolf said, I don't think this is good news.
    I'm so sorry hun..x

4. Natalie8964

Natalie8964 Well-Known Member

I wish I could offer you some reassurance and of course there is always a chance things will progress, we aren't trained professionals. Last year I went for a scan and I had my dates at about 9 weeks. They had to do a vaginal ultrasound and although we saw a little blob with a heartbeat, my date was put back by 11 days. That's almost 2 weeks out.. nobody said anything at the time and looking back I should have known. I went for my 12 week scan and my baby had stopped growing around 7 weeks. I pray things are different for you x

5. Olivia118

So I miscarried last night.

Just thought I'd update my post incase anyone goes through anything similar in the future.

Yes, looking back on my first scan I should have realised being 3 weeks off on dates is highly unlikely. Considering I got a BFP almost 5 weeks before, to be told I'm only showing around 5 weeks on a scan.

I have a follow up scan on tuesday and I've been told to keep it. So I'll know for sure then.

Thanks for your advice and honesty.

6. SockVortex

SockVortex Well-Known Member

:( I'm so sorry to hear that Olivia. Please take good care of yourself. xxxx

Olivia118 likes this.
  7. Natalie8964

Natalie8964 Well-Known Member

I was hoping it wasnt going to be the case for you. I'm so sorry this happened to you, feel free to reach out to me privately if you have any questions or anything. Just take it easy and look after yourself xx

Olivia118 likes this.
  8. CrazyChic

CrazyChic Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Olivia. Take care of yourself and rest up xx

Olivia118 likes this.
  9. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

I'm so sorry Olivia...
    I hope you get that rainbow baby soon!:hug:

Olivia118 likes this.
  10. Olivia118