• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6 Week Postnatal Check Up

MissyRee

Reaction score
I had my 6 week check up today at my doctors, i was just wondering what happened at other peoples as mine seemed abit more brief than i thought it was going to be. He did my BP asked if passing urine ok, if constipated, gave me a script for the pill, asked how my appetite is i said its pretty low and he said ok thats normal, then asked if i had any questions which i didnt and that was it really.. He didnt ask if having sex was painful or ask about my episiotomy scar if i had any problems and didnt feel my stomach to check uterus was back to normal, which i thought he would have done? Or is that normal to have a very quick check up? :think:

Mine was pretty much the same though she asked if my stitches were OK (which they were). When I was discharged from MW care at 10 days post birth she had a feel of my tummy then and said she could barely feel anything then so I'm not sure it's something they would do at the 6 week check? Everywhere is different though.

mine was very short too, dr basically asked me if every bit was ok down there and how my mood was and how i felt i was coping and was i getting help at home

Sounds about right. The checking of the uterus is usually done by the MW before they sign you off.

Unless you have any reason for your GP to check you over down there (ie not healing properly or some such) they tend to leave well alone. My MW was the one who checked my stitches and as they dissolved didn't need any further checks past the 10 days.

My doctor stuck her fingers up my fanjita and pushed on my belly, then checked my stitches. I was HORRIFIED!!!!!!!

When i booked mine they said i could do it when Angel had her 8 week injections. When i got there she said not really. I was given the injection. Asked if i wanted my boobs checking, i said no, and that was it!!! Nothing else at all.

Ugh, i have mine next week, and last time i saw my doctor was the morning after LO was born. So i know she's going to be checking my stiches and things. I tore on the inside due to LO's arm being by her face, so i just KNOW its going to be an uncomfortable one.

LisaJ1986 said:
Asked if i wanted my boobs checking, i said no, and that was it!!! Nothing else at all.

Sounds like your Doctor was really my DH :rotfl:

Sorry, nothing helpful to add, not had mine yet!

Thanks for your replies girls! I feel reassured it was normal to have a short check up then! :hug:
DebbieM :shock: that sounds like she was very thorough with you lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back