• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6 week check up ?

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok cos of the problems i had i was ment to see a consultant for my 6 week check up and have bloods done week before to check my blood count is now ok ( have seen gastro team last week and liver now working) but ive not had an appointment through or anything and i dont even know who to phone !

how many of u had 6 week checks ups actually at 6 weeks ? ( boys 6 week check isnt untill his 9 either but least i have a date ! )

I've had an absolute nightmare with my follow up appointment. I was supposed to continue my heparin injections for 6 weeks after the birth and then see the consultant for more tests.

I hadn't heard anything from the hospital so I rang them only to be told they'd lost my notes (again). Eventually they were found and I needed some more injections. The consultant said my GP would prescribe them...the GP said it was the consultants responsibilty...and so it went on. Total balls up. I finally got a prescription. But I was supposed to have a weekly blood test done to make sure the injections aren't making my blood too thin but no one has bothered about that.

I still haven't got a follow up appointment with the consultant either so you're not alone
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

my doctors surgery told me they don't check mums st 6 weeks they only check babies. So both times I never got checked. I mean, the midwife checked my stitches a couple of days after birth at home, but thats it.

I had mine at 6 weeks I think and then babies at 8 weeks. All they did anyway was discuss contraception.

I had mine on friday and it was 6weeks and a day lol. They just checked my BP weighed me asked if I= knew about contreception looked at my scar and asked if I had any questons. I got Lilys appointment through the post a couple of weeks ago. She will be 9 weeks when she goes :)

Me & ellie both had ours at 5 1/2, I saw a nurse & Ellie saw the doc. I got an appointment thru the post for ellie but wen i got there they said they would do mine too.

Up here you have to make the appointment yourself.

I just called my GP and asked for an appointment. I didn't bother asking for a double appointment as I was still bleeding at 6 weeks and knew she wouldn't do my smear. I went for my smear a week later!

All she did was check my wound and discuss contraception. I ended back on the pill as I had terrible acne on my back (post natal thing, never had acne in my puff!), so she gave me Dianette which is magic for skin, but also a CP!

xxx

Me & Austin both had our checks at 8 weeks & he had his first jabs at the same time.

I had one at 6 weeks to see how I was, discuss contraception etc. I had to book mine myself at the GP's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back