6 week check up?

adele88

Reaction score
hi all

just a quick question me and keyan have our 6 week appointment on wednesday. I was wondering if anyone knows what happens health visitor says something about smear test is this right and what else happens at this appointment?

it could be different in different areas but when I had mine, the doctor repeated the tests done on Cahal at the hospital (checked his eyes, ears, listened to his heart, checked his spine, checked his hips and that his testicles had descended) and then when it came to my turn, he basically just asked if I was OK. And that was it! He did offer the opportunity to talk about contraception if I wanted to but nothing else. I'm sure if I had said that I wanted him to check my stitches then he would have but I wasn't in hurry to get my bits out again lol! Nothing was said about a smear, but like I say it could be different in different places I guess?

my check was at 8 weeks and was exactly the same as what inky said xxx

I can't remember what happens (soon find out) but my health visitor said to book myself in for a smear at/after 3 months.

same as Inky, I was way overdue my smear anyway but they never mentioned it.

what 6 week check :lol: I didn't get one!!
as for the smear, I was told to wait for 3 months before having mine
:flower:

The Docs told me u can't have a smear til 6months after having a baby. They just asked me if I was depressed that was it! Zach got a check over though x

thanks everyone

hmmm i wonder wat my health visitor is talking about then although i do get more smear tests than everyone else as my mum has cancer maybe thats why :) but still its a little quick i reckon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back