Still no sign of af

shez

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone's in same situation as me. Been ttc since mid Feb, had usual pill bleed the following week and then my true af 30 days after that (my cycle was usually 28 days), I'm now currently on CD51 and still no sign of af coming.

I tested the day before af as i had some pg symptoms (bloated, gassy, cramps, very tired) was due but came back -tive. I then tested again about 5 days afterwards and still -tive. I then went to the doctor who sent me for a blood test which also came back -tive - that was about a fortnight ago now and everything seems to have gone quiet with no af yet.

Is this normal after coming off the bcp (was on it for 7 yrs)? Should I test again? How long is it likely before af comes as I'm starting to get really fed up now??? I haven't a clue when I ov'd - could I b pg since having blood test? Should I go to the doctor again???? Help, I'm really confused!!!

Regards Shez

Hi Shez,
I've never been on the pill so I really can't advise you but surely your doctor should be giving you more answers. I've read so many posts on this forum about inadequate doctors - it makes me really angry. I know that most doctors are brillant but the amount who seem to tell pregnant or hoping to be pregnant women to go home and don't worry about it is astonishing. I hope someone else can offer better advise. I just want to send a reply because I could see how frustrated you are.
Good luck,
S

Thanks for responding. Feel a little better now i have vented a bit of steam!!!

Been trawling through other forums and they all seem to show ladies with various cycles so i guess i'll just have to grin and bear it for the time being!! I'm going to start trying Agnus Cactus to see if they regulate my af better and if no sign of af by end of next week i'm going to test just in case.

I agree with your comments re: doctors. The receptionist actually told me that the results were -tive as per the doctor - i didn't even get the answer face to face.

Thanks for listening again. Sheree

I'm currently on a bcp break. Stopped taking my pill after my last withdrawal bleed 9 - 11th of March and haven't had a period since which was about 2 months ago!!!
Have ruled pregnancy out so I guess my body is just all kinds of messed up from being on the pill. I have a drs appointment this friday to see if they can help (although I feel fine, not bloated or anything) :lol:
Don't know if this helps or not, I know everyone is different

Hi shez,
I had the same thing after coming off bcp. I had been on it since having my first child 4 years ago. When i came off i had normal AF 28 days later and assumed everything was normal. The following month there was nothing. I thought the same as you. Did loads of tests, all of which were neg. This was made worse by fact i had got pregnant in the first month last time. the month after that i had Af after 23 days then 26 and now i seem to be going 26 days regular. My gp advised that this was quite normal after being on bcp so try not to worry. I am now really worried that i am never going to get pg again. I think that had something to do with why my af didn't arrive that month. I had convinced myself that getting pg was going to be really easy again and it wasn't.
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back