• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

5 week old draining bottle

-Betty-

Reaction score
Need advice.. my freinds 5 week old baby drains a 6oz bottle and then cries for more....
Should she up it to 7oz?????
He is 10Ib :D
Any advice would be great :D
Also when can a child start on the hungrier formula?

yes hun i would, my son had to go onto hungry baby milk at 3 weeks and then i had to wean him at 9 weeks because he was having 9oz bottles every 3 hours

My baby done the same thing at that age...it was so bad I rang the HV crying that I didnt know what to do...noone ever said that I could increase the milk..I was just going off the guidelines (which are shite) on the back of the formula tin!

When the HV cam round she told me to just increase his amount..which worked a treat! :hug:

i breastfed ryan for the 1st month, then put him bottle (hungry milk)..He was 10lb 7.5oz at birth and putting on 8oz+ per week. He's never had a certain pattern with food for example today hes had

9am- 10mins breastmilk then 6oz bottle
9:30am- 4oz bottle
12pm- 6oz
1pm- 5oz
3pm-6oz
4pm-4oz
5:30pm-6oz
7:30pm:5oz
9:30:4oz

As you can see hes eats a lot all the time

really wanna start weaning him but didnt think you could until 4months at the earliest? :think:

Keep upping it and just switch to the hungrier formula, I found it a god send.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back