4d scans

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
I know im not officially in 3rd tri yet :oops: but i know the majority who have had 4d scans are in here!

How much did they cost and what did you get with your package? Plus what company ie: Babybond

Thanks!! :)

Hi! We had our 4d scan with Babyview but I don't think they will be any use to you as they are in Barnsley! Most seem to cost around the same though for each package! We chose the full package with the full scan on dvd, 48 photos on cd rom, four colour photos and growth chart for 159 pounds the lower package was as above but only 2 photos and 15 minute dvd and was 99 pounds. Most places offer to give you what they manage to get on disc if baby isn't in a good position too without charge!
I would recommend having one as it was amazing!! I'm gonna get DH to put a couple of photos on here from ours tomorrow, been meaning to for ages but im useless on the computer!!!
Let us know if you do have one I love looking at the pictures!!

i went to babybond to have mine www.babybond.com the prices are all on the site
i paid £95 for mine and i was only supposed to get 3 piccys but got 8, because they mucked me around a bit

jools221181 said:
Hi! We had our 4d scan with Babyview but I don't think they will be any use to you as they are in Barnsley! Most seem to cost around the same though for each package! We chose the full package with the full scan on dvd, 48 photos on cd rom, four colour photos and growth chart for 159 pounds the lower package was as above but only 2 photos and 15 minute dvd and was 99 pounds. Most places offer to give you what they manage to get on disc if baby isn't in a good position too without charge!
I would recommend having one as it was amazing!! I'm gonna get DH to put a couple of photos on here from ours tomorrow, been meaning to for ages but im useless on the computer!!!

wow, those prices are really good

sarah113 said:
jools221181 said:

wow, those prices are really good

am i the only one who thinks theyre a total and utter rip off? :? i really couldnt justify spending all that money to see an alien version of my baby on dvd :rotfl:

or maybe im just a nasty cow :rotfl:

We went to a place in Liverpool, its not a chain like Babybond, and we LOVED the whole experience..think we paid £120 for 20 min DVD, 56 piccies on CD and 4 prints..the scan was 30 mins long and was so special-we took both our mums and they were blown away

Defo go for one if you are thinking of it, you wont be dissapointed

Heres my fav piccie of our little one @ 27 weeks:

babymccoy27weeks027.jpg

:rotfl: Sassyminx you made me giggle! I do see your point it's quite alot of money when there is so much other stuff to buy at a time like this and I had to think about how I could justify spending it at the time! I'm glad I did though and loved every minute!!
Zoe your picture is great! so cute!

They are really amazing!! I love them! I think they are totally worth the money especially as when i was pregnant with jaycee, they were £300-£400!! :shock: Im definitly considering having one, just dont really want to be badly out of pocket! And i wanted to know where was the cheapest but good quality! Ive wanted one since i was pg with DD and probably will have one at around 30 weeks? Is that too late? I thought it would be nice to have it spaced out, like i last saw her at 20w, then have a 4d scan at 30w, then ill see her at 40!!

jools221181 said:
:rotfl: Sassyminx you made me giggle! I do see your point it's quite alot of money when there is so much other stuff to buy at a time like this and I had to think about how I could justify spending it at the time! I'm glad I did though and loved every minute!!
Zoe your picture is great! so cute!
See, thats where im lucky im having another girl coz ive still got alot of girls clothes in all sizes that havent been even worn! We got given bundles of clothes for jaycee lol! Plus we have all baby toys etc, the bedroom is decorated etc all we really need to buy is a junior bed for jaycee at £60 as baby will have her cotbed! So i guess i can splash out just for the amazing experience and something special to keep for baby to look at when she's older! The only prob is my mums questioning the fact jaycee didnt get one and may be jealous that lil sis got one, but im sure she'll understand the price difference!!

That sounds like a great idea! I wanted to go as near to 30 weeks as possible but that was xmas day! We went on the Thursday before! I think the best time is between 28 and 31 weeks!
Beleive me you will forget about the money as soon as you get there I did! Like you say they are well worth it now considering how much they were just a few years ago!!
Not too sure about the cheapest as we just chose the one nearest to us as the ones in this area all seem roughly the same kind of price!!

You are right I'm sure Jaycee wouldn't be jealous as you would have had one if they were the price they are now!! It's a HUGE difference and I'm sure she will understand that!! If you really want to do it and can afford to you should as you don't want to look back and wish you had!!
If you do decide to, enjoy it! I'm sure you will!! :D

Thanks hun! I think ill go with babybond as its closer to me lol!
Ill hold off til 30weeks i think.. im gonna book it after my birthday on the 24th coz then ill have enough spare cash as its my 21st! :dance: :cheer:
So it will be a bday prezzie for myself! :D Oooohhh i cant wait!!

Thats great! What a lovely birthday present too! Can't wait to see the pictures!! :cheer:
Gonna put mine on tomorrow!!

We went to babybond and had the 'full works'- I was 28wks at the time and it was amazing and so nice to look at now to keep me going till I meet my boy :)

jools221181 said:
Thats great! What a lovely birthday present too! Can't wait to see the pictures!! :cheer:
Gonna put mine on tomorrow!!
Yay! piccies!! Cant wait!!
jocymum-it must be great to be able to see your bubs whenever u want on ur dvd player! Id be watching it all the time lol!!

sarah113 said:
i went to babybond to have mine www.babybond.com the prices are all on the site
i paid £95 for mine and i was only supposed to get 3 piccys but got 8, because they mucked me around a bit
Did you or anyone who went to babybond get the CD of all the pics?
I remember a few people saying they got 4 prints and 60+pics on a disk, but babybond only say a dvd and 4 prints..no CD?? If they dont do it then ill go to my 2nd choice! Babybond is in heathrow and www.babyscanning.co.uk are in harrow and they are both 24mins away from me lol! Id prefer babybond only because they are better known (i think) and alot of girls on here have used them before..
The one in harrow is:
OPTION 1
3D and 4D Scan Cost: £195 Timescale: 24 to 32 weeks

Appointment length: 45 minutes, of which you can expect 15 to 30 minutes of scanning time.

4D DVD Video Movie: 10 minutes in length.

CD-ROM: selected still 3D scan images are stored onto a CD-ROM. This allows for storage, emailing and reprinting at a later date.

Photographs: 4 A4 size 3D scan colour photographs.

Foetal Sexing: this is optional and will only be carried out on request.

Verbal Pregnancy Progress Report: Confirming that the growth of your baby is in line with your gestation.

All your products will be available to take away on the day. If however, we encounter any unexpected delays in the processing we will send out the images by post within 2 working days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTION 2
3D and 4D Scan Cost: £230 Timescale: 24 to 32 weeks

Appointment length: 45 minutes, of which you can expect 15 to 30 minutes of scanning time.

4D DVD Video Movie: 15 minutes in length.

CD-ROM: selected still 3D scan images are stored onto a CD-ROM. This allows for storage, emailing and reprinting at a later date.

Photographs: 8 A4 size 3D scan colour photographs.

Verbal Pregnancy Progress Report: Confirming that the growth of your baby is in line with your gestation.

All your products will be available to take away on the day. If however, we encounter any unexpected delays in the processing we will send out the images by post within 2 working days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTION 3
2D Foetal Sexing Scan Cost: £95 Timescale: 22 to 32 weeks

Appointment length: 5 to 10 minutes

Foetal Sexing only

Photographs: 2 A4 size 2D scan black and white photographs.

OPTION 4
2D Scan Cost: £120 Timescale: 22 to 32 weeks

Appointment length: 25 minutes, of which you can expect 10 to 15 minutes of scanning time.

2D DVD Video Movie: 10 minutes in length.

CD-ROM: selected still 2D scan images are stored onto a CD-ROM. This allows for storage, emailing and reprinting at a later date.

Photographs: 2 A4 size 2D scan black and white photograph.

And babybond is:
Babybond DVD Solo™
Purpose of the scan: Foetal well being and production of 4D DVD scan recording, available from 24 – 32 weeks gestation (20 – 26 weeks for multiple pregnancy).

Includes Babybond foetal well–being checklist, 1 x 4D scan DVD in sleeve in white Babybond bag, to take home: £95.

Babybond 4D Portraits
Purpose of the scan: Foetal well being and production of 4D scan still images, available from 24 – 32 weeks gestation (20 – 26 weeks for multiple pregnancy).

Includes Babybond foetal well–being checklist, 1 x colour gloss A4 3D print in photomount, 2 x colour gloss A6 3D prints in white Babybond bag, to take home: £95.

Babybond 4D Bonding Scan option II
Purpose of the scan: Bonding, Reassurance and Foetal well being, available from 24 – 32 weeks gestation (20 – 26 weeks for multiple pregnancy).

Includes Babybond foetal well–being checklist, sexing of baby if requested, 4D scan DVD in sleeve, 4 x colour gloss A6 3D prints, in white, blue or pink Babybond bag, to take home: £195.

Babybond 4D Bonding Scan option I
Purpose of the scan: Bonding, Reassurance and Foetal well being, available from 24 – 32 weeks gestation (20 – 26 weeks for multiple pregnancy).

Includes Babybond foetal well–being checklist, sexing of baby if requested, 4D scan DVD in sleeve, 1 x A4 colour gloss 3D enlargement in photomount, 6 x A6 colour gloss 3D prints, CD–ROM, in white, blue or pink Babybond bag, to take home: £230.

When your baby’s position is not ideal for a 4D scan we stop scanning and ask you to take a short gentle walk in the local area. In addition, we may spend more time digitally post processing your image after the scan to obtain satisfactory results. You do not need a full bladder for a 4D Bonding scan

So the only one with CD ROM from babybond is £230 :shock:

2D is black and white thermal images like in our normal 12/20weeks scans right? :think:

It was the last option we had-at BBond. It was 220 i think, because you get a tenner off when you book it ?? I don't regret a penny of it but I suspect you can get similar for less, it was the only place reasonably close to us as we live in the middle of no-where :shock:
The CD-rom is great for printing out copies for friends and family :)
ps- yep 2D is just like a 'normal' scan- you tend to get a bit of that on the DVD when they are finding different areas!

I wouldn't wait too long to have the scan, because MW said to me if you go beyond 30 weeks baby can be too far down in the pelvis to see anything.

I would go with the other company not Baby Bond as they mucked me around with my appointment and I decided to got to an independent practice in Woolwich, they were really good and better value for money.

Thanks hun!
I might have to go with the other company as im getting my OH to pay for it for my birthday! :cheer: And as we share the same birthday i dont want to have to 'make up' the money when im buying his prezzie!! Mind you, it IS my 21st and i should be able to get away with it more :wink:

Im lucky to have two close enough to get to really as alot of people struggle to find an area close by!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back