4 weeks pregnant but feels like more!

mirella

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found out that I was pregnant last sunday, I had one of this early response tests done. The problems is that I feel a lot of symptoms (cramps, nausea... etc) and I think it is too early days for me to have them!!!! My last period was on the 16th July, but my periods are always short, heavy the first day but almost nothing after, so I wonder, it is normal to have symptoms so early on or I may be pregnant from before and the period wasnt a period? confusing I know.

Thanks you for your help. This is my first, I am excited, but scare at the same time??? i really want everything to go ok.

Mirella

Hi Mirella,

I was exactly the same at 4 weeks.

I was having symptoms before I knew I was pregnant. Thats why I done a test. I hadn't had a period since April (which is still unexplained) and I fell pregnant in June.

Its crazy.

Its my first too so I know exactly how your feeling :)

xxx

Thank you. I am just feeling a bit confused at the moment! and so scared, i really want this baby and want everything to go ok. i'm so impatient!!!!

talk soon,

Mirella

Dont worry many women have lots of symptoms very early on in pregnancy, and some of us have non throughout our pregnancies (I was one of the lucky ones who never experienced morning sickness, well others get it at only a few weeks).

It all depends on how your body reacts to being pregnant and the increased levels of hormones it has to contend with...

Congrats on your pregnancy :D

Hi ya :wave:

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Look forward to chatting to you more :D

Congrats!!! :dance: :dance:

Dont Worry about it, i have exactly the same thing, im nearly 6 weeks pregnant but feel around 10, im bloated alot and already wearing a pair of maternity jeans, i havent had nausea so maybe ill be lucky but as for sore boobs etc, i tick all the boxes

Hiya and congratulations :cheer: I had symptoms very early this time but not until much later last time :D :hug:

:wave: Mirella!

We have almost identical dates! The first day of my last period was 17th July and like you it was very short (lasting only 2 days) and a lot lighter than normal.

I did the 6 days early test on the sunday because i knew i was feeling different. wasnt completely convinced it was through a bfp as my symptoms were so similar to the ones i get every month before af comes.

Anyways, turns out it was a bfp and after speaking to my cousin who is in nursing she says getting symptoms early on can mean a higher lever of pregnancy hormone hcg which can only be a good thing. (can also be a sign of twins i think :shock: :rotfl: !!)

Looking forward to chatting with you more
Debbi
xx

Thank you all!

it is very reassuring knowing that i'm not by myself and that how I feel is normal!

Any of you had any problems sleeping? I go to sleep early but i don't really sleep!!! I think I'm just panicking and I keep awake most of the night! has it happened to any of you? and sometimes I have a brownish discharge, is it normal?

my OH thinks I am very negative and I should not be thinking on something going wrong but i can't help it!

Debbi, it is nice to have somebody exactly at the same stage than me!

Talk to all you soon,

Mirella

Hi again lol!
I havnt slept properly since sunday. Admittedly Sunday was down to the excitement of my bfp, but i just find that i toss and turn every hour of every night!! cant get comfy, too hot, too cold and i wake up wide awake and then struggle to get back to sleep lol!!

I think we feel something negative might happen to try and prepare us incase it does. I doesnt mean that it will happen, but it kind of like the saying "if you prepare yourself for the worse case scenario"

I havnt had the brownish discharge, but i would say that if the discharge is brown this could be old blood and is normally harmless. It could even be from an ib (implantation bleed)

Just to re-assure you also - I had bleeding on and off (sometimes brown & sometimes it was fresh red blood) throughout my first pregnancy and i am not saying to ignore it, but i went on to have a healthy baby.

No-body else can really tell you what to do, because only you can see it and know how much and how frequent and the colour etc but if you are ever worried, dont hesitate to contact your doctor etc

Sorry - i have written a book for you to read :rotfl:

Deb's

Thanks Debbi,

i'm just looking forward to a good night sleep today :sleep: . this is my #1 and really don't know what to expect, what's normal...

hope you sleep well today!

Mirella

hi

i am about the same as you...had my last period (very short and light, only one day where it felt like normal, 3 days at the max) on 25th july. however i have been having feeling like you since just after then. last week was the worst, i had severe nipple tenderness, couldnt let anything touch them, it hurt even when i yawned or ate (weird i know!), and then when i didnt come on fri (i have a short cycle) i did a test and it was positive! the first one i did last week was neg. since then have had on-off stomach cramps like im going to come on, and a horrible dull backache thats had we awake all night! finally that seems to have gone! just feeling sick now....the midwife is due to be calling me this week to arrange an appointment, apparently because i have done a test and it came pos, i dont need to see the doc. anyway hope everyone is feeling ok.

mari

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back