4 sections

Hello! I'm pregnant with my 4th baby, 9 weeks. And will be having my 4th c section! Very nervous about it all this time around!

Hey ladies I had my 4th c section in December everything went smoothly I was a bag of nerves before hand only thing that was different for me is that I was in theatre a little longer due to the scar tissue. Good luck ladies and congrats x

My consultant was funny with me, I saw him once then rest of the time was other consultants the others I saw were lovely and reassured me that I was in good hands they said obviously I was at greater risk of things but it was still unlikely anything would happen.. I had one of the consultants there selfs actually do my section incase anything went wrong but everything went smoothly was just in theatre 2hours.

That's good I'm Dreading seeing my doctor as I'm a bigger lady too I reckon he will give me a hard time.

It's awful that women have to dread going to see the doctors because of what they'll say. My consultant definitely wasn't happy they even tried to bully me into getting sterilised at the same time as my last section which a just refused completely. I wanted to be in and out of theatre as soon as a could so didn't want extra time adding on with my anxiety issues over it. They have to tell you the worse case scenario but the worst case very rarely happens, even tho it's major surgery it is still fairly safe I was told. Maybe your doctor will request the c section is done by a consultant. I had a PPH with my 3rd section but 4th nothing was smooth really :) all worth it :)

I'm booked in for my 4th section in November - I went to see my consultant prior to trying to get pregnant to get her opinion and she said that providing previous sections were relatively normal, a 4th section only has a minimal increase in risks. It is standard practice at my hospital to have a consultant present / doing the surgery for a 4th and as someone else mentioned, the surgery does take longer but generally, it's ok to do. They will pay attention to the location of the placenta in scans as it is possible that it will attach to scar tissue. She gave us the green light and was actually really happy for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back