38 week appt

lisa282

Reaction score
Had my 38 week midwife appointment today but my normal midwife was on holiday so had a stand-in. She was really lovely, very chatty and full of helpful tips and it was a real pleasure to sit and talk to her, not just business iykwim. There was also a student present so had a pretty lengthy and in-depth check and everything was explained in detail for the student so it was nice to know certain things I wouldnt have known otherwise. :D

Everything is good anyway, BP and wee are all fine, as is bubs hb and movements. Still measuring VERY big at 42 weeks :shock: and she said by feel of baby alone that she reckons she is probably around 8lb already! WTF?!! :shock: :lol: She could only feel half of LO's head too, so could actually be measuring even bigger if whole baby was in the frame! EEKK!!! :oops: Im not worrying about it though, I know how inaccurate fundal height can be so Im taking it in my stride. I was never going to have a small baby, my first was 8lb 14.5oz and Ive certainly got good child-bearing hips, hehe :rotfl: She was unsure whether to send me for another growth scan to check baby isnt TOO big, but then figured with only 2 weeks to go, nothing is going to change now so didnt bother. She did say though with bubs being on the biff side, to be prepared now, she could come anytime. Once they get to a certain size your body will automatically trigger labour so you are only giving birth to a baby of the size your body can cope with. I still cant see her coming early though :( :pray:

Now I should be seeing my midwife in 2 weeks time - one day after my EDD! - but as its a bank holiday cant see her again until 41 weeks! :shock: :think: I seriously hope I dont have to attend this appointment and that Ive popped by then, but if not will be offered a sweep and then seen every few days for the following week. I cant believe Im this close to having my baby now, that I may not see my midwife again!! :dance: Come on baby!!! :cheer:

Glad everything is well and that bubs is a nice and healthy size. I like the thought of labour being triggered when your LO gets a certain size - it ties in with what my midwife said about nature only growing you a baby the size you can handle :D

Hope your LO pops soon :)

Mildly said:
Glad everything is well and that bubs is a nice and healthy size. I like the thought of labour being triggered when your LO gets a certain size - it ties in with what my midwife said about nature only growing you a baby the size you can handle :D

Hope your LO pops soon :)

Yeah, I just hope its true and not another one of the midwives little fairy tales they tell you to put your mind at rest!! Got visions of my lovely little waterbirth being ruined by an 11lb baby getting stuck or something...please no! :shakehead: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back