34 week MW appointment

paradysso

Reaction score
saw midwfie today, all was normal :cheer: but babies back is on my right side, so shes told me to sleep on my left side as much as possible and hope baby falls into that side.

also said she wont give me a sweep until im 41 weeks, but im due a c section at 41 weeks, so she offered to do it the day before :cry: i was hoping she would do a bit earlier so more chance of labouring naturally. lets hope this baby behaves and comes on time :?

shes coming to see me at home for next appointment at 36 weeks to go over birth plan which im looking forward to :dance:

is it a problem baby being on the right side? Mine is always on the right.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I've been sleeping on my left throughout and hes still on the right and breech :rotfl:

gymbabeliz said:
is it a problem baby being on the right side? Mine is always on the right.

I was wondering that too. Although, I'm pretty sure mine is to the left with legs curled to the right and under my ribs.

she explained its the text book best position for the easiest labour as contractions turn them them gradually so their looking at your spin. and if their back is on other side contractions "may" turn them so their back are heading round to back.

obviously not every one will have this, shes just telling me how best to prepare and told me to get baby on other side.

i slept all night on left, and woke up in the same position but bloody hell my side hurts sooo much now. and cant work out where baby is now :wall:

Wouldnt worry to much about it hun as they are going to move around a lot more yet before the birth, they wiggle to get comfy after all nobody would want to stay in one postition for another 6 weeks!!! This one is always on the right hand side of my tummy and sometimes back to back but i'm not worried yet.

I had more period pains and cramps last night, i'm gonna beat you to it........ :rotfl:

kellysomer said:
Wouldnt worry to much about it hun as they are going to move around a lot more yet before the birth, they wiggle to get comfy after all nobody would want to stay in one postition for another 6 weeks!!! This one is always on the right hand side of my tummy and sometimes back to back but i'm not worried yet.

I had more period pains and cramps last night, i'm gonna beat you to it........ :rotfl:
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

our babies are coming on the same day!!! :rotfl: woohooo must be your last day in work today!!!!! Lady of leisure now!

Glad it was an okay appointment, hopefully baby will turn and want to make an appearence before 41 weeks!!

ok im now a bit miffed... i just read my notes :?

she put my fundal height was 33cm? she didnt even measure me, also she filled im the form to say im due to have my next appointment at 34 weeks :think: (i am 34 weeks) hmmmmm was she even paying attention?? and she put odema as NILL even though i told her i been suffering with swelling to the feet :cry:

crappy nhs, guess it was to be expected it was her lunch break :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back