34+4 mw app

Hazel

Reaction score
Had appointment this morning and all nice and normal. BP is fine, wee had a tiny trace of protein but nothing to get excited about. Measuring 36 weeks which is fine as measured a little bigger all the way through. Midwife said baby is 3/5 engaged (what does that mean?) and that I've got a bladder basher in there :lol: (I agree with that). She had a good feel around and said baby is a good size without being huge and feels long and not to bother buying many newborn clothes :shock: .

On the down side she is leaving so I won't see her again :( which is ashame as I liked her. The other midwife is a bit scatty so glad I decided not to have the home birth.

3/5 engaged is how far into your pelvis baby has engaged.
5/5 is free, 4/5 is on the pelvic brim, 3/5 is lower but most is still above the pelvic brim, 2/5 is engaged, as most is below the brim, 1/5 or 0/5 is deeply engaged, as hardly still palpable from above.

Hazel, have they mentioned anything about an induction as your measuring bigger. my last app i was measuring a week ahead....and she was like.....well i thing we're going to have a big one here!

Totally terrified me! i have an appointment today to see her, but im too scared to find out what she's measuring.

No, nothing mentioned about induction. When I asked about her size she said I would have no problems having a slightly larger baby as I'm tall ish (5 10") so my body can cope with it, she doesn't think she's going to be a whopper just long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back