33 weeks - Baby Movement

Valley Girl

Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I hope you are all managing to keep your sanity in this time of impatience and uncertainty. I'm currently doing ok, but who knows what tomorrows hormones will bring!!!

I was wondering...

Have any of you at my stage had a decline in movements?

My baby still moves, every day and at roughly the same times as before, but the movements are less than they used to be. I used to sometimes think "Bloody hell will you calm down?!" as the movements were so jerky and constant that it was like a Take That concert in there! But now I get huge sweeps of movements, big long pushes underneath my ribs as if the baby is determined to move them, and lots of hiccup type judders.

I am presuming that this is due to decreased room. I have had a horrid cold virus with an awful cough and I'm sure he doesn't like my uterus contracting every time I cough. My doctor says the virus won't affect the baby at all.

I just wondered if any of you are finding a change to your movements, rather than a worrying halt to them. It's not enough to make me ring the midwife in panic, but it is a definite change in the type of movement. I also wonder whether I'm so used to them now that I don't really notice them unless they are big movements.

Would love to know how the rest of you at my stage are feeling about movements.

Vicki x

I wouldn't worry. as you said there is less room for them in there. and if you asked the midwife i'm sure she'd tell you everything is fine.

At 33 weeks my movements changed and it was really active but seems to have settled down again. Baby wakes up in the evening and it's more squirming and whole boby movements as opposed to kicks.

I have noticed over the last week that Gizmo no longer kicks me to death but squirms around because of having less space. Watching the ripples across my stomach is fascinating, but also very offputting because it is a very weird sensation that I can't get used to...and it only happens when I'm sat down, never when I'm walking or standing. I must push my stomach up when I sit which makes the little tike want to move around :lol:

It also made me think of the Alien films when I first saw the movements across my stomach :rotfl:

I'm 33 weeks too and definitely have had less kicks - the ones I get tend to be really low in the pelvis. The bump is quite quiet in the day and then I get loads of wriggles and squirms at night when I try and get to sleep.

I also get lots of hiccup type pulses and they are all exactly in the same place which is weird.

Hope you are feeling well anyway

Jx

I'm 33 weeks too, and have noticed a change in movement.

He mostly moves at night after dinner and a bath. They can sometimes be quite painful and seem to be more in the pelvis area.

Usually throughout the day, my belly seems to judder quite a bit but I don't really notice it the same any more. xxx

Hi there everyone. I hope you are all managing to keep your sanity in this time of impatience and uncertainty. I'm currently doing ok, but who knows what tomorrows hormones will bring!!!

I was wondering...

Have any of you at my stage had a decline in movements?

My baby still moves, every day and at roughly the same times as before, but the movements are less than they used to be. I used to sometimes think "Bloody hell will you calm down?!" as the movements were so jerky and constant that it was like a Take That concert in there! But now I get huge sweeps of movements, big long pushes underneath my ribs as if the baby is determined to move them, and lots of hiccup type judders.

I am presuming that this is due to decreased room. I have had a horrid cold virus with an awful cough and I'm sure he doesn't like my uterus contracting every time I cough. My doctor says the virus won't affect the baby at all.

I just wondered if any of you are finding a change to your movements, rather than a worrying halt to them. It's not enough to make me ring the midwife in panic, but it is a definite change in the type of movement. I also wonder whether I'm so used to them now that I don't really notice them unless they are big movements.

Would love to know how the rest of you at my stage are feeling about movements.

Vicki x

I wouldn't worry. as you said there is less room for them in there. and if you asked the midwife i'm sure she'd tell you everything is fine.

At 33 weeks my movements changed and it was really active but seems to have settled down again. Baby wakes up in the evening and it's more squirming and whole boby movements as opposed to kicks.

I have noticed over the last week that Gizmo no longer kicks me to death but squirms around because of having less space. Watching the ripples across my stomach is fascinating, but also very offputting because it is a very weird sensation that I can't get used to...and it only happens when I'm sat down, never when I'm walking or standing. I must push my stomach up when I sit which makes the little tike want to move around :lol:

It also made me think of the Alien films when I first saw the movements across my stomach :rotfl:

I'm 33 weeks too and definitely have had less kicks - the ones I get tend to be really low in the pelvis. The bump is quite quiet in the day and then I get loads of wriggles and squirms at night when I try and get to sleep.

I also get lots of hiccup type pulses and they are all exactly in the same place which is weird.

Hope you are feeling well anyway

Jx

I'm 33 weeks too, and have noticed a change in movement.

He mostly moves at night after dinner and a bath. They can sometimes be quite painful and seem to be more in the pelvis area.

Usually throughout the day, my belly seems to judder quite a bit but I don't really notice it the same any more. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back