• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30th birthday ideas

maybebaby

Reaction score
My OH turns 30 and I'm trying to think of something nice to do for it. He's not really into big parties or being centre of attention but I'd like to do something... I'm thinking about it now so that I have time to organise something if it takes a while. I can't afford a holiday or similar, and asked him recently if there was anything he'd always wanted to do - fly a helicopter for example - and he said no :roll:

So any ideas? What have people done for their 30ths?

Last edited:
How about a night out the two of you? Loads of nice hotels do packages where you can have dinner and stay the night for a set price then add in extras if you want to or can afford too, i.e. flowers in the room, champagne breakfast etc. One night in a nice local hotel won't be half the cost of a holiday and booking now you might get a good rate at the same sorta price that say doing a helicopter ride or day at brands hatch racing etc would cost. Or what about as a family going to get a portrait done (again book up as photographers get well busy with weddings etc in the summer months), it would be a nice few hours out plus the picture at the end, a special memory of his 30th. Depends really whether you want it to be just for him, something as a couple or something as a family?

Im planning to have close friends over for a childrens party...for adults!
Jelly (vodka) and icecream, pass the parcel, bouncy castle, party hats, all the stuff we had as kids basically.
Should be a laugh!

But yea why dont you go away somewhere just the two of you for a night/weekend?

for my 30th we booked a bunkhouse in scotland and invited mates, had a girls dorm and a boys dorm...hung out in the staff room and smoked fags like naughty kids and all chipped in to make a massive chilli for our tea.

Lots of drinking/or whatever vice anyone wanted to indulge, got smashed and sat round a campfire all bundled up talking shite into the wee small hours.

It was ace!

I second the idea of a weekend away, somewhere nice where you can have a meal and spend the night together. :cheer:

My DH was 40 on Dec 23rd and because his birthday is always so overshadowed by Christmas (and we've had a really shit year) I wanted to make a big deal of this one but it was really hard. I stressed about it for months!

In the end we did have a party for friends and neighbours and made it start early (6pm) so those with kids could come as finding a babysitter at that time of year would have been tricky. My DD arranged loads of party games for the kids and they had a disco ball in another room so that was a success. I bought a helium canaster (£30 Tesco) and had 40 balloons on the ceiling with curly ribbon hanging down and loads of banners.

We bought him a watch, a single seater racing car experience at Donnington Park and a personalised number plate with the initials of his company and 40 in the middle.

It was a big splash out by our usual standards but I'm so pleased we marked it well.

Good luck!

Thanks for your ideas, I really like the idea of a night away somewhere, we've only ever had one night alone since ds1 was born so that would be lovely. I don't think I'd want to be away from the kids more than 1 night but there are some lovely hotels within 1/2 hour of here so I might do that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back