2nd mw visit

Violet

Reaction score
Hi girls

I've got my 16 week mw appt later today and it's suddenly occurred to me that I have no idea what it's for or what's likely to happen there. I do know I have to do a urine sample tho.

Can anyone let me know what happened in their 16 week appt and what sort of questions I should be asking please?

My 16 week appointment was very brief. Checked blood pressure and urine sample. Asked how I was feeling and if I was having any problems. Most important though - checked LO heartbeat :dance::dance: Hearing heartbeat is best sound in the world at that stage :)

Good luck xx

Mine was about the same and I got to listen to the heart beat-however don't get your hopes. Up about this as I know a fair few ladies on here didn't get to listen to heartbeat at 16 weeks.

This is because a lot of midwives don't like to try in case they can't find it (it can still be very difficult and low at this stage) so they don't bother trying so as not to get people worked up about it iykwim x

The same as the other girls said, the mw asked how I was, gave me the info for my local antenatal classes, tested my urine, checked my notes from my 12 week scan and most importantly listened to the baby's heartbeat. I had a student mw and she kept saying not to panic if she struggled to find it, but peanut was being a very good boy and she found it straight away, it's the best sound ever! Then we booked my 24 week appointment and that was it. Am looking forward to my 24 week appointment as they start measuring your bump :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back