26 Week Midwife Check + 99 Days to go...

Maria1977

Reaction score
Can't believe am down to double figures already :shock: Frightening where the time is going!

Had my 26 week midwife check today and everything is perfect, am even measuring bang on 26 weeks... so pleased about that! Only problem now is LO lol I knew she wasn't head down, I just knew it, but I wasn't expecting that she is transverse! Little bugger!

Hope she decides to turn at some point, the right way too! Knew she was gonna be trouble lol

Can't believe I only have 7 days left in tri2 too!!!

:love:

Congrats on hitting 99 days hun! It's crazy how quickly the times going. These babies are little monkeys :) xxx

What is transverse? Sorry if that's a stupid question!

And congrats on double figures :) x

What is transverse? Sorry if that's a stupid question!

And congrats on double figures :) x

Baby is laying sideways instead not up or down. Her head is on my right, and feet on the left. Total little monkey! Now I know the movements I feel make more sense. I just hope she goes head down coz staying transverse or going breech means another section :wall2:

Last edited:
Ah I see! I thought mine was sideways too but midwife said she thought it was head down, although she was reluctant to say! x

glad all went well and hope the little monkey turns for you.... x

glad all went well and hope the little monkey turns for you.... x

It defo explains why my belly button is almost popping at 26 weeks lol OMG I hope she turns, but I think she's gonna be trouble. Not gonna worry about it for a while though. We've got our 4d scan on Sunday so should be able to see exactly what she's up to... hopefully lol

Glad your midwife check went well. I had mine on Wednesday and all is well too. I'm not too far behind you either. Yay!!! As for the position of mine - my midwife didn't check, and from its movements I can't tell. Sometimes I get hoofed in the bladder, other times right up near my belly button, and there are all sorts of wriggles and movements all over that feel like baby is scratching me from the inside. Totally weird, but great fun.

Enjoy your scan on Sunday. Can't wait to see pics. x

Glad your midwife check went well. I had mine on Wednesday and all is well too. I'm not too far behind you either. Yay!!! As for the position of mine - my midwife didn't check, and from its movements I can't tell. Sometimes I get hoofed in the bladder, other times right up near my belly button, and there are all sorts of wriggles and movements all over that feel like baby is scratching me from the inside. Totally weird, but great fun.

Enjoy your scan on Sunday. Can't wait to see pics. x

These are the kind of kicks I'm getting. Sometimes right up on my left hand side, other times in the bladder. Makes sense to me now though that she's just moving her legs around, which makes me wonder if she's going to turn it will be feet down :wall2:

I know I have a long way to go still but am perparing myself for another section. At least if I do this one will be planned and not emergency and I promise not to scream all the way through this time lol Such a drama queen, but seriously? Sections? *vom* lol

I hope you manage to have a natural birth this time, hun. I can't bear the thought of a c-section, but if it's an emergency I will of course go with it. I hope I wouldn't scream through it though! Must have given the surgeons a fright.

I was talking to a friend of mine last weekend, who is a surgeon, and he (yes, he - what the hell does he know?) was advocating elective c-sections to me, talking about damage to the anal sphincter, tears, peeing yourself etc. etc. but all the ladies were like 'shut up, idiot man'. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Congratulations on getting to double figures now. Hope the little lady behaves herself and turns for you x

Congratulations on double figures! Not long to go now! Hope ur little princess behaves herself and turns the right way soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back