20 Week Scan today - Barely Slept :(

BecciBooo

Reaction score
I've been super excited and nervous about my 20 week scan for the last 4 weeks.
I've been dying to find out the sex of my baby, I wanted to book a private sexing scan at 16 weeks but I was talked out of it. I'm praying everything is ok with my little one (2 previous miscarriages) as I really do think this is my last chance to have a baby.

I also feel really annoyed by the situation though. I found myself really hoping its a boy and I don't think I'll want to tell people if its not and this is because of a really stupid reason. My Dads partner (5 wife!! and 2 years younger than me) has been very pushy with me about it been a girl, saying that she's never wrong and it HAS to be a girl because my sister has a boy. I really don't want her to be right because of her attitude to the whole situation. I feel she has taken away the joy of it all for me, its difficult for me to explain how I feel about it, does that make sense or am I been stupid?

I hope all goes well today!!!!!

I understand where you are coming from. This is my 2nd baby, with my first my mum was constantly saying it was a boy, boy, boy... to the point where I wanted a girl just to prove her wrong! I got my baby girl and my mum is absolutely crazy about her! Now I am pregnant with another baby and she is the same saying it is a boy! But you know what? As much as it annoys me (again!) I don't mind if this one is a boy or a girl because after having my 1st I know that I will be madly in love with it whatever gender it is. And I know you'll be too! xx

Last edited:
Hey hope your scan went well. Did u find out the gender in the end?, xxx

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone

Yes Its a BOY :)
I'm so pleased and the scan went really well.

My 12 week scan experience was awful as the person scanning me didn't explain things and caused a huge conflict between me and the babies father. To the point where he left half way through as the date she gave me didn't add up. She didn't explain that they date you from the day of your last period and not from the date of conception - basically he was in America for 3 months before and it works out I fell pregnant the weekend he got back, but my last period was 2 weeks before that. It was awful, I was so upset until I managed to get someone to speak to him and explain a few days later. But this scan was great, she spent 30 minutes and really went through everything with us :)

Congrats on your baby boy!

Jeez that sounds like a nightmare, glad it got sorted on the end. I'd have probably went absolutely mad at OH for thinking that I'd cheat anyway haha. Easy to see how things could be misconstrued, especially since men don't pay any attention to how periods and our bodies actually work. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back