20 week bump

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Ive been invited to a wedding reception in a couple of months time (i will be 20 weeks). Also been invited to a few other do's after that, plus xmas, new years, alices birthday and my birthday before bubs arrives. I would love to have something that i can wear for at least a few of them.

ive got no idea what i can wear! If i remember rightly i was still more fat than bump at that stage, but my shape has changed since then. :think:

Has anyone got any ideas? I don't have a huge budget (cheaper the better! :lol: ).

I saw this Dress, but i forgot to check the bidding and lost it :wall:

At the moment i am comfortably fitting in 18's, so im not a slim lady.

Worse comes to worse there is a black dress ive seen that is ok, but boring! thats my back up plan.

Help! does anyone have any ideas? I could always wear a top of trousers, but ive got my heart set on a dress - sad i know!.

Anything with an empire line- then you can wear it after too. My mum got a nice one in Evans around November last year so might be worth having a look. You could always let the bust out a bit when it gets tighter as well :think:

i am having the same problem, i have a ruby wedding party to go to on the 13th of september then my cousins wedding on the 27th of september and another wedding in november and i dont know what to wear!!!! :(

I say get a plain comfy stretchy dress so you don't have to worry about posture etc and go to town on accessories which you will use again and again. I felt comfortable and lots of people complimented me when I wore a size 22 (I'm usually a 16) top from Evans sale as a dress, with leggings or thick maternity tights. As the top was long and had a tie at the back it lasted right through and looked more like a short dress than a top, my size 10 friend even borrowed it at the end of her pregnancy and wore it over skinny jeans. Leggings don't look casual if you have dressy shoes and painted nails so they can be a great compromise between wearing a dress or trousers, and they're lovely to wear for the first weeks after the birth too.

We have our 10 years anniversary coming up and are holding a party so I wanted to wear something special for it but will be 8 months by then!
I found this site on ebay! Has some lovely maternity dresses and not too expensive!

Though tbh take a look around your local shops and look for anything empire etc!
I bought this dress recently!
sam005.jpg

(Sorry bout the pic :oops: ) It was from a local shop and cost £22! Bargain!

thank for the link lea m. There is a black dress on there i quite like. Ive always been a bit funny about buying things from abroad on ebay. May have to convince OH though :think:

Ive also found this one:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... _672439_-1

I think i quite like it, but i would want to see it on, and there is no point till im bigger. rahhh i hate looking for clothes when i have no idea how big i will be!

There is one more option - ive made my sister a skirt a few weeks back. I recon if i got a belly band, i could make one for myself and it would fit nice. I could then just get a nice top to go with it :think:

ooooo!!!! stuff it - im going in jeans and a baggy top :rotfl:

Ive got a party just bout at the time the baby is due, its Brians Dads 60th.
I like the idea of playig it safe in black and glamming it u with accessories. My problems ar my boobs which are hugemungous seem to tip out of everything and that my feet will probably be swollen so no high heels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back