2 stupid questions about care after c section

Amanda

Reaction score
Okay, now I have my section confirmed, get ready for the daily questions from me!!!! (you'd never think I'm already a mum!!) :rotfl:

1. What knickers are best for after the birth? I am very proud to say that I am still managing to wear thongs as I can't stand normal knickers, but understand they are a necessaty (sp?) for after the birth. What's best with a section wound? Big cheap tummy huggers or disposables?

2. Is there any reason I can't use Tampons after a section? I've only used towels/pads twice in my life (my very first period and then after having Kayleigh), and hated them. Surely as I'm not pushing a baby out of there, I should be okay with super tampons? Or is there another reason why they say pads?

Hey hun I tried disposible knickers after a c section and found they were useless because they still aren't very big. Once I got home I used massive tummy hugger knickers and they were brill, the bigger the better so they don't lay on your wound.

Also sadly you still can't use tampons for the first 6 weeks. I read the reason you bleed is because of the placenta coming away leaves an internal wound and can get infected by using tampons. Once your lochia has stopped you can use tampons again which is usually 6 weeks after. I hated it because I had only ever used a towel once and hated it and then had to use them for 6 weeks :puke:

Yep hun big old grannie knickers there the best in my experince anyway,when is ur date? :hug:

Strangeness said:
Hey hun I tried disposible knickers after a c section and found they were useless because they still aren't very big. Once I got home I used massive tummy hugger knickers and they were brill, the bigger the better so they don't lay on your wound.

Also sadly you still can't use tampons for the first 6 weeks. I read the reason you bleed is because of the placenta coming away leaves an internal wound and can get infected by using tampons. Once your lochia has stopped you can use tampons again which is usually 6 weeks after. I hated it because I had only ever used a towel once and hated it and then had to use them for 6 weeks :puke:

I knew there would be a reason why tampons wouldn't be allowed, but I just couldn't think of it! Thanks hun!

Sophie - I'm booked in for the 31st August! :dance:

Wow it's not long for you now! You must be so excited :D Good luck hun, you'll have to post loads of pics!

aww 31st August, the day after jamie will be one!! :shock:

i agree, big granny pants that go higher than your wound, i had normal pants but they were low cut and hurt like hell on my wound! i also had a sanitary towel covering my wound as pants still irriated it and made it sore when it rubbed. looked bloody stoooopid but hey at least it was comfy!!!! :lol:

ahh yea i remeber putting the santiry towel on my scar aswell :?

weird that

I am currently wearing primark ladies high waisted knickers size 18 though im a 14. These come right up to my belly button and go nowwhere near my scar. £3 for 5 pairs, bargin!

Sorry, no tampons just big always ultra. I hate them, I feel violated wearing them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back