2 AND HALF YEAR OLD BEING TESTED FOR AUTISM

Debbie B

Reaction score
my son has always had delayed development, he can say 6 words but only one is clear "wow", he was a slow walker, but also he has a few things that niggled me, not sociable at all, happy playin by himself, tantrums, throws food and doesnt eat with spoon, loves lining up his cars for hours, lots of other things but them 1s of top of my head, i was just wondering if any1s child had this test which will b a 6 week assessment by various peeps, my opinion as 2 wheather jack has autism is unsure but i do think he needs help catching up, we already havin speech therapy. thanx .

I can't answer your questions but just wanted to wish you luck and give you some :hug: 's, I hope your son is alright.

will your son make eye contact with you when you talk to him?
i have worked with a few autistic children and also a few that were told that they had it at a young age and it was just a case of lack of mixing with other children and boredom.
hope you get an answer hun

thanx full of hope, x, and jack has been 2 a toddler group since he was 4 months old, his eye contact used 2 b very limited but has improved, he will hold eye contact with me sometimes, he has improved a bit as 2 what he was like.

Hiya ive only just seen this thread but if you need to know anything let me know as i have a 4 year old lad with autism.

I hope everything is ok with your little guy.

aww thanx mrs tommo, thanx 4 that message really nice, 2 me jack is just jack and i just think of him as slow lol. i got letter 2day sayin we go in on the 7th of jan 2 start the testing, i think its just wait and see, but bein honest im not worried as jack with be exactly the same boy i love with or without autism, hope i dont sound patronizing.

H will always be your special boy and the same boy you know and love - if he is autistic, its great hes being diagnosed this early because you have lots of time to prepare for his schooling and his general development.

We didnt have testing as such but we saw lots of diffeent people looking for different things then it all came to a head at a meeting when they all got together and discussed him and he was diagnosed then.

There is so much help vailable nowadays and its a more acceptable condition too then it was. It can be very hard and trying having and caring for a autisitic child, but whn they 'get' some thing or do something new its so exciting and makes you realise all the hard work is worth it.

i thought when jack was about 2 that maybe he was autistic, but then he seemed 2 come on alot and was doin more, i think i was surprised the Dr said 2 test him as he is now speakin, only speaks about 6 words but when it was none a couple of months ago its a big leap. i hope your son is doin well and u get the support you need.x

Hi, my son has autism and was diagnosed at 3, he doesnt make eye contact hate public places and can be very agressive when he feel's threatned ect ect. He started seeing various people from he age is 1, they 1st thought he was just a little slow. He had portage speach therapy ect ect. Its an uphill battle getting the diagnosis and when you get it you get very little help and nothing will change the fact. What im trying to say is you will have to fight to get what your son needs. Go with your gut instinct, dont let anyone fob you off. Good luck with it all PM me anytime. :hug:

thanx bonny, lovely reply and i think its true, u do have 2 fight these days 2 b listened 2 and then 4 what u need, i nagged health visitors 2 no avail when jack was younger as he didnt seem "normal" , he isnt my 1st child , i have 15yr old and 16yr old girls, even though they older i do remember what they were like but was seen as a over anxious mother, i will wait and see with jack and just glad im listened 2 now.
thanx every1 4 the replies , they have all been helpful and its good 2 know others have been in my situation b4. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back