• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st or 3rd Tri?

BabyMagic

Reaction score
I was talking to my friend who has just had a baby and we were debating whether 1st or 3rd trimester is harder work?

So ladies, would you rather have 1st or 3rd tri symptoms (ie. have nausea and sickness back instead of having the late pregnancy troubles)? Do you 'prefer' 1st or 3rd tri?

I haven't suffered too much during my pregnancy but I am rather too big than being nauseus all the time. I think being extra tired during the 1st tri was harder too as I was working long hours and nobody knew that I was pregnant. Now, I can just enjoy being at home and putting my feet up when appropriate.

Naturally, I welcome the end of my pregnancy too but symptom wise it is 3rd tri for me!

I've not had any niggles for a couple of months and have just moved to 3rd tri so not in the best position to comment but I do know that I was completley miserable with M/S for 1st tri so I'm hoping this tri won't be as bad :pray:

Alex xxx

I didn't suffer too much with MS although felt tired and had horrible skin and greasy hair. I'd choose 3rd tri over 1st tri even tho I've now got back ache, heartburn etc It's so much more exciting in this tri-not long till baby will be here-people know I am pregnant and people I don't know can see I'm pregnant-i don't just look tubby (with greasy skin!! :puke: ) I can feel my baby moving which I LOVE.

I found it a bit scary in 1st tri cos I constantly counted the days and panicked about Lo being ok and reaching 12 weeks... now I'm just really excitied!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Although I'm heavy and swollen now, and any movement is a battle, I much prefer that to feeling sick all day everyday (though the nausea did return for a bit in 3rd tri).

It's also a lot more reassuring in 3rd tri to feel baby moving, and knowing you're almost at the end.

First tri is very stressful!

ASD - hope you have an enjoyable 3rd tri.

Sarah - I had completely forgotten about worrying about LO. I used to count the days too as I had a miscarriage earlier. Another reason to prefer 3rd tri!

I've had the same symptoms in both 1st and 3rd Tri so I haven't voted.

In 1st tri I had severe morning sickness but in 3rd Tri I am still being sick, struggling to sleep and function.

I'd much rather have 3rd Tri. At least now everyone knows I'm pregnant I get sympathy for my symptoms AND I don't have all the worry that I had in 1st tri about miscarriage etc to deal with.

Plus I'm NOT at work. Woohoo! Which makes everything easier to deal with anyway :cheer:

debecca said:
Plus I'm NOT at work. Woohoo! Which makes everything easier to deal with anyway :cheer:

Oh yeah - I forgot about that factor :lol: I'm still in school holiday mode as the kids are off too. Think it will become more real when they are back at school.

Muppetmummy & Bee - sorry to hear that you have had occurances of sickness in the 3rd tri too! I have been feeling a little dizzy at times but nothing like in the first tri.

Feeling the baby is reassuring indeed!

Yup 3rd for me too. I have only recently began to feel unbearably uncomfortable, but it has been lovely having the entire 3rd tri off of work, being tired hasn’t bothered me – I just nap when and where I like!

First tri was an ordeal. I was sooooooooo ill and tired. I honestly felt like I had some awful disease for four months. It was really hard coping with the demands of my job at the same time. Also, as Debecca said, the worry of mc was frightening, especially after two previous losses.

i preferred 1st tri symptom wise bc i didn't really have any except sore boobies :)

now i have a killer back and heartburn a lot :roll:

3rd all the way!

During the 1st I was petrified - because I was pregnant.
I was sick constantly all day every day
I looked rough but had no bump to explain it
I kept getting told how common miscarriage was in the 1st 12 weeks
I hadn't seen baby on any scan so wasn't even sure she could be there!

3rd tri hasn't been easy but I'm reassured by movements, i'm well prepared, i'm settled, I'm not working so if i want to nap at 3pm there is no reason why I can't
And my bump is SO obvious i get looked after and i get lots of nice attention :)

Hum.... im not actually sure...
I basically skipped 1st tri... well i didnt... i just didnt know i was pregnant...

I was being sick on the occasional evening, but i just thought id caught a bug or something..
I was still taking the pill, unaware...

I only found out when i was around 12 weeks.. and had my first scan at 17+3 days

There was one incident though after we knew... on our way into pizza hut, vomiting in the street....
People walking past...
So embarrasing :( :oops:

I feel better now i have a bump, and dont just feel fat...
But then ive had horrible rib ache, backache, and i was diagnosed with amemia..

My Oh is more attentive, doing things, buying me things, massages..
But he did do that anyway in 1st tri, nothing to do with pregnancy...

Sooo.....

I think im going to have to say... 1st tri!

Bee said:
debecca said:

Oh yeah - I forgot about that factor :lol: I'm still in school holiday mode as the kids are off too. Think it will become more real when they are back at school.

Yeah the BEST feeling is on that first Monday morning when they go back and you think about what you should be teaching on and off while you snooze the morning away... it is a ridiculously satisfying feeling!

Well, worked for me anyway! :rotfl:

I won't vote yet as I'm only just into thrid tri. I didn't have morning sickness but was so so tired in the first tri. At the moment I feel fantastic other than some hip pain at night.....hope it doesn't all creep up on me too much in these last weeks!

Felt better physically in first tri - not too much sickness etc but worried soooo much having had 2 miscarriages - I would rather be in third tri anyday despite the heartburn, swollen ankles, headaches etc etc etc - also the end is in sight so no matter how crap I feel I know it can only be for a few more weeks not months.

1st tri was worse for me, I was terrified of m/c, had all day sickness and was plagued with killer migraines.

3rd tri, I am settled at home, it is the spring, don't feel sick all the time and excited for the baby, there was a bit at the start of the 3rd tri just before I went off work where I had a urine inf/anemia and that was bad along with piles and other glorious things such as heartburn but on the whole the m/s got me the worse....oh and the hormones, I kept sobbing on my own in the loo's !

xx

Debecca & Happybunny - I love not working too! Happybunny sorry to hear that you were so sick during your first tri.

Sarafet - you were lucky, no sickness during 1st tri!

Babybee - even though I was a little sick I still didn't believe that I had anything in there until I had my first scan. It was amazing to hear the heartbeat!

Sarah - I vomited once on the street as well. It was Monday morning and I just hoped that people didn't think that I had had a rough weekend!

Nikki
- I also enjoy knowing that the baby is here fairly soon. I have started experiencing BHs more often and just feel more pressure down there, so who knows she may decide to come out sooner than I am prepared for (I am saying to myself that I may well go two weeks over)

Lisa - hope your 3rd tri experience is trouble free!

Ginny - hope your anemia has eased off. Iron tablets worked well for me!

Although 3rd tri has been more difficult than 1st (I was quite nauseous in 1st and v tired, whereas 3rd tri I feel really "heavy" and have had sore back and pelvis and MEGA heartburn) I prefer it because like the other ladies have said, you are closer to meeting your baby and the kicks are really nice (so far, he's not been too cruel to me yet!!!) and reassuring. Not long to go now! Can't wait to be 30 weeks tomorrow!!! :dance:

At this moment in time tri3 for me is a B*****
but i may go back to loving it tommorow

i suffered misscarrige a few years ago before 12 weeks so that first 12 weeks in tri1 was hell.
i had morning sickness but i loved it as it ressured me that all was ok my first pregnancy i had no symptoms at all.#
iloved the leaky boob a symptom
feeling tirec a symptom
light headed symptom
finanly getting a bunp ( i got one early one im tiny) :cheer:

ive got the return of the sickness :x but i dont need it to know that my monkey is ok i can tell by the way he jumps about on my lady bits he's happy and bouncy :rotfl: :rotfl:
i have
heartburn
sickness
back ache bump ache
period pains
tiredness, to the point i could happily go to sleep i the kids book corner at work :sleep: :rotfl: lack of sleep
blah balh blah
sorry add to list grumpy bear headness feeling sorry for myselfness
im not in a good moodness :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
im usually so much more upbeat about my preganancy and everything today im a huge moan mood

im still at work :( but im sure all the tiredness and pain will be easier to handle once im on maternity. :pray:

BUT TRI3 MEANS IM SO CLOSE TO MEETING MY WONDERFUL SON
SO ITS ALL WORTH IT :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back