18 Week Midwife appointment in 1 hour! UPDATE

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I was just reading on what may happen (courtesy of you guys) - really hope i get to hear heart beat! OH is coming i think, is that a little OTT? did everyones other halfs go??
will update when i get back :D

I'm so upset I could cry. What a frigging waste of time.

She was an hour late, so went in, didn't ask me anything, took my bp and pee test, didn't tell me what they were. Next thing, she's asked me to lie on bed and put some thing on my tummy which I've now discovered she was doing heartbeat-she didn't even tell me!!!!!!! I'm gutted! Appointment took about 5 mins and it was rubbish. God I'm sooo dissapointed. I went on my own in the end cos OH couldn't get out of work. I'm gutted. I really really want to cry. X

Last edited:
aaaawww, good luck hun! it really is amazing when you hear the heartbeat for the first time. as for your OH... mine came with me to the first appointment! He was there ready with his mobile getting a nice recording of it! Because of his work commitmens now, he cannot make it to any more appointments with the midwife but it's not the end of the world. I got a lovely recording again last week and hoping to again next week.

Good luck again and don't worry - its not OTT to take your OH! :) x

mine didn't come but only because he was in work, if we hadn't of heard heartbeat before today on our own doppler i think he'd have been well pissed off that I heard it without him :lol:

Oh what a shame, but you must have your 20 week scan soon so try and look forward to that instead.

Awww,that's rubbish! I didn't even get a lie down wen I went,pee test,bp,blood results...we'l see u in 9 weeks! x

Aww sorry to hear it wasn't very good. My 16 week was crappy too, she was running an hour late and didn't even bother with the doppler. I'm having my 25 week one tomorrow so will let you know if it gets better lol!

aaawww girls... so sorry to hear you had a bad time.... good luck with the next ones. maybe asking whether they can check for the heartbeat might help? *hugs* xxx

the midwife appointment dont really take long to be honest more quick than anything mine is the same lol x

i was with my midwife for half an hour last week ;-) then again, i asked quite a few questions! plus made sure i could get a recording of heartbeat as OH wasn't with me to do it this time. I think it really does vary midwife to midwife... xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back