10th month of ttc

Poppy1987

Reaction score
Afternoon all.

Right ok, I REALLY want this to be the month. So I have brought loads of opk's and conceive plus, I am also taking pregacare vitamins.

I have used opk's once before so I am going to try them again this month.

I want to know when I get the positive line on the opk when should I BD? When should I test? in the morning with fmu?

I usually drink 2ltrs of water a day so I wasn't sure if I should do them in the afternoon as they may not work.

Also today is the last day of my period so when should I start testing?

Sorry for all the questions but I know you girls will help x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Hi poppy!

I've used OPK's for the first time this month and have read LOADS of info about it trying to work them out lol. The really helpful bits of advice I got were-

- test twice a day rather than just once (the LH surge can last less than 12 hours so if you only test once every 24 hours you might miss it)
-ive heard not to use FMU as the surge is metabolised into your urine later in the day. I've heard testing at 2pm and again at 10pm is best, if you can. On the day I got my positive, my opk was negative at 8am before work, positive at 6pm after work and a definite strong positive at 10pm that day.
- its advised to concentrate your urine by not drinking or peeing for 2-4 hours before you test. I personally could only manage 1-2 hours (I would get very dehydrated not drinking for 4 hours!) and still saw a strong positive, so just do as much as you can hun.
- when you see a positive, it indicates you are likely to ov within the next 12-36 hours (with 24 being the average), so bd as soon as possible after you see it! However as sperm can live up to 5 days, its important to also BD every other day (or as often as you can manage!) even before you see the positive... As then sperm will be ready and waiting even before you see the + opk :D just gives you more chances.

If you google the 'pee on a stick' website I think it has a table showing the days you should start testing, based on your avg cycle length (sorry on my phone so I can't do a link!)

Good luck hun, I wish you all the luck in the world for a BFP very soon! X

Im the same as you poppy its my 8th month and really want it to be this month so im guna b using opks. Fx its our time.

Michelle. x

Thanks for the info. Michelle I really hope we both do it this month? And don't let your sister situation put you off this month. Let's make babies! X

Hi ladies,

I am in month 8 of TTC now (although my situation is slightly different!)

I too have decided to start using OPK's this month and if no joy I'll buy a BCFM for next cycle.

The OPK's I have say to test between 10am-8pm and not to use FMU. Also the instructions say not to drink too much for a few hours before...

So for me I am going to test when I get home from work at about 6/6.30pm. As I walk home I tend not to drink much from 4pm onwards so this will be perfect for me! Also I wouldn't have had a wee for at leats an hour when i test.

xxxxxxxx

carnat - if you can try a little longer between your last drink and when you test, try last drink about 3pm, last pee when leave work at 5 and then test at 6.30. i know its not that much time differencefrom your plan but i find i need that much time to get a good "strength" of pee! eewww TMI! everyone is different though - just thought i would share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back