10 day growth spurt...

honeyloops

Reaction score
Could this be the 10 day growth spurt? Baby weighed 10lb 8oz at with and as I'm sure u can imagine he is A very hungry baby. I'm bf him and managed to stretch him to 2hrs between feeds after discovering he's A very cling sucky baby and used me constantly as a pacifier.

But yesterday he wanted milk non stop and over a 15 hour period he only slept for 3 hours in total if you add up 4 naps.

He also seemed restless by 11pm having fed most of the afternoon and evening but wanting me as comfort again. How is it even possible for a baby to be awake so much!?

Hmm....I think Lizzie actually sleeps more when she's going through a growth spurt, but maybe all babies are different? Sometimes babies can get overtired and end up looking very 'awake' and not able to sleep (like us on caffeine lol), so it might be worth trying to get your boy to nap before you think he's actually tired, if that makes sense?
Hopefully it's just a phase though, Lizzie was different every single day at that age! :)

Definitely different every day, today he's slept and slept! Just hope he still sleeps later! X X

Do you give him a dummy at all? Sounds a bit like he is using you as a comforter rather than for food all the time? I always said I wouldn't give Eva a dummy, but she was such a sucky baby, it was the best thing I've done. I waa concerned about it becoming a huge thing to stop her having it, but as I never allowed her to have it during play time, it isn't an issue now if I don't give it to her sometimes. If she is content, I won't give it to her any time, inc bed time and she'll happily sleep without it now. I tend to just give it to her to calm her when her teeth hurt her now. So it doesn't need to cause you problems later down the line either, might be worth a try :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back