• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your opinion on prams please?

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Ok first off, let me say that I know as much about prams as I do about nuclear physics, so please be gentle lol

I live in Spain so its harder to choose a pram as you have to get through a spanish manual but to avoid all that I just wondered if you could help me with your opinions on which you think is the best type to choose?

1) The 3 in 1, pram, car seat and pushchair? These seem quite popular now, but the only ones I've seen are really bulky to fold up, doesnt look like they lie back fully so when you use it as a pram the baby cant lie flat? Also seems to take up alot of car space, and when you put the car seat in the car the baby's sitting up instead of lying flat?

2) The pram and car seat completely seperate??? Is this preferable. I saw a carrycot type pram that was flat and you could take off the carrycot part and stick it in the backseat and the baby lies flat in the car then with a little seatbelt, this type takes takes up two seats at the back and certainly doesnt look as safe??

Does anyone know if a newborn should be in a sitting forward in their car seat or lying down flat in a carrycot?

Many thanks for your opinions here, as the whole thing has been doing my head in! :|

Don't know if there is a ny difference between UK and spanish laws, but a baby under 20lb in weight and under 9months old needs to be rear facing. We bought second hand from a colleague a Mamas and Papas travel system pram etc. This was a pram which converts into a pushchair and had a car seat which could look into a base in the car or onto the pram / pushchair frame.

When in the pram mode it went completely flat and was great. Having the carseat where you can lift them out the car and back into the car without waking them was very handy as well. On the con side they are big and bulky and are comparitvely heavy. However for the first 6months at least they are well worth having. Due to the fact that after about 6months you switch to something else, is why you can get some bargains second hand. I was VERY glad we got it but also glad we didn't pay full price given how much use we really gave it.

Ellie also grew out of the car seat (size wise not weight wise) before she reached the forward facing minimum weight so we then had to buy a combi forward / rear facing car seat.

hi - :D

i bought the Bebe confort Loola when Oliver was 8 weeks old and its fab!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.pramworld.co.uk/index.ht...etail&maincatID=0&catID=&prodID=2691&brandID=
i just used it as a parent facing buggy not a pram/ carrycot as he is a big baby and didnt bother with the car seat as i bought a britax combi one.

i know that a few more of the girls also have loola's and love them too!!!

but you can get a cool car seat for the frame that just clicks on on its own thats not as heavy as the buggy part (the net says that it is lightweight, i'd say semi-lightweight)

i did buy a little forward facing buggy for £30 form kiddicare http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay_344__10751_-1__15213_10001_ but it was crap and i'd go back to my Loola any day and i'm saving it for the next baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have got a travel system but you don't actually have to use the car seat as part of the pram. A newborn baby should beable to lay flat so it is adviseable to get a pram that lays totally flat but has multiple reclining positions for when LO is older. My pram is quite heavy and bulky but I didn't really try many so I don't know if all travel systems are like this. If you buy a seperate pram and car seat you could go for a carseat that is 0-4 years. These type of car seats are rear facing and then turn to front facing once your LO reaches a certain weight or age. I have put a link showing this type of car seat which are called combination seats. The only downside to this type of seat is that you have to get your baby out of the car seat all of the time instead of being able to carry them in the infant car seat with a handle.

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/node/n/444 ... 8&mcb=core

Thanks for all your opinions ladies!!

I spotted a huge bargain today and got the Loola oxygen red pushchair, and creatis detachable car seat with a thrown in raincover and sun umbrella, all brand NEW for a ridiculous special offer price of £180 at Toys R Us LOL... This leaves me with an extra £200 spare so I'll prob get the detachable carrycot too and still have some left over! Can't get over how lucky I was as there was only one left in the window on this special offer, and some other woman had her eye on it but I got to it first LOL :cheer: :cheer:

http://www.thebaby.co.uk/product/3632/?GenderID=&CategoryID=34&CategoryName=

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back