YEY!

monster_munch

Reaction score
I have beaten my target!

I breastfed my daughter until just after 5 months - I never had her latched right and was too embarassed and frankly too proud to ask for help, so after many months of struggling my milk started to dry up and I switched to formula.

I told myself that I would not be so proud with Green Bean and that I would ask for all the help I needed to BF him confidently and to be honest, it is this forum that has helped me - I just wish I had known about it when I had had my daughter.

I'm feeling good with the feeding - am getting bitten a bit now as he is so nosey he likes to look around and forgets to let go first, but I've set myself a goal of never giving him formula.
I'm not going to beat myself up if he has the occasional bit (like when I get free samples in the post :oops: :lol: ) to give me a break (only get an ounce or so when I express) but whilst it's going so well I kind of think why should I pay for something that I produce for free.

Am so proud of myself (a bit self indulgent I know) but in a way I also feel really guilty that it's going so well with Green Bean and it didn't with my daughter, I know I can't change the past etc but I do feel a few pangs that I could have done things so much better with her. Anyway C'est la vie, I'm not going to let thast marr(sp) my achievement.

It's been fun and I have everyone here to thank for that - even the non BFers have been so encouraging and that means a lot too :hug: :hug: :hug:

And so you should be proud!! :)

Well Done, its a hard slog im sure.

Well done hun!! :clap:
And did you say you breast fed your daughter for 5 months (or did you mean weeks?) cos that's really good too!
:D

:oops: thank you - i did mean 5 months with my daughter, goodness knows how i made it, it was agony the whole time. It's weird, if i look at it objectively, it's not bad, but i wanted to get to 6 months with her and couldn't believe it was so hard, i just felt like a failure and still see it as though i failed. Still, we can all be too self critical at times i suppose...
:hug:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Well done... getting to 5 months with both your babies... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well done! You have done FAB!!!!! You SHOULD be bloody proud too! 6 more days til my target too.. then the next is a year :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

well done hun you've done brilliantly you should feel very proud :)

Yay for you and your boobies :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:rotfl:

You've done a great job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94