yay i finished my sister's birthday pressie from ruben!

petchy

Reaction score
it's my little sister's 20th on the 5th of may and as we're skint (bloody maternity pay!!) i decided to make her something from ruben rather than buy something. i've bought her a little pressie from me and OH, but this is her first birthday as an auntie so i wanted to do something special for her from ruben!

she's a bagaholic like me, so i made her a handbag. i got t-shirt transfer paper, printed a pic of ruben in black and white onto it, ironed it onto some jersey fabric and appliqued it onto some denim fabric, then did some funky stitching around it and made a bag out of it!

i'm well chuffed with how it turned out, and am basically just "biggin' myself up"! lol :lol:

i really hope she likes it! it's one of those tote bags that take A4 notebooks etc which should be good for her as she's a student at the mo.

As a fellow bagaholic I think that is an amazing gift xx

There are so many arty people on this forum...i get jealous!!!
Id be 'bigging up myself' no end if id been clever enough to make something so fab...well done, im sure she'll be over the moon with it..i would be!

Homemade gifts are always the most precious :lol:

I bet she loves it :lol:

wow, that's a really good idea! well done you! :clap: :clap:

Can we see it? you could start a business, as well, take order from us all, Lol!! :) :)

mel xx

Ohhh can we see a pic please?
I've not long bought my sewing machine and need some ideas :)

melhoney and urchin: a pic as requested!

veske.jpg

this is the front of tha bag, it has pockets on the back and on the inside too.

Petchy, that's great! Definately think you could sell those, have you thought of opening a shop on ebay?

Lucy

Petchy, that's great! Definately think you could sell those, have you thought of opening a shop on ebay?

Lucy

yay, that's really nice!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! :D

Again, I am sure you'd make good money selling these on ebay! :lol: :wink:
I am sure she'll love it!!
Mel xx

hmm, maybe i should try to sell them... i could do personalised ones if people send their photos on email. and i do enjoy doing them - the only prob is the time thay take to make - that one took me 2 hours last night, and that was a rush job. i'd have to do better quality ones if i'm to get any money at all for my efforts...

how much would you pay for a bag like that, out of interest?

Hi

wow its georgeous petchy love it, and home made gifts are the best .
Katrina

Petchy you are sooo clever!!

I'll never forget when we were pregnant and you came on here and said you were altering your trousers with elastic etc and you were explaining how you did it by buying material etc - I remember thinking "blimey I wouldnt have the patience to do anything like that!!??!!

L x

oh yes!!!!!! I remember that as well!!!
I am c**p at stitching! HAd to alter some curtians to git in Mahen's room...took me ages to do it! :oops:

mel xx

lol Mel - I wanted to put up some pink curtains up in my shed (dont ask!!!!) anyway I couldnt even use that iron-on stiching stuff! I am crap at anthing like that!

Petchy you should definately open an on-line store!!!! :D . I work in business development so could help you with the promotion of your new company!!!!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back