Xmas baking

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum makes sausage rolls every year at Xmas, proper makes my Xmas! Although last year they ate them all before ingot round, I was gutted! Xmas is always a boozy affair in our house! When she was nursing she used to 'acquire' syringes and the cake would be injected :oooo: she does the most amazing trifle too! And the best of all, Ginger biscuit log! Ginger biscuits soaked in sherry, stuck together with whipped cream!

I'm doing gingerbread and salt dough decs again, the house smells so nice! And I'm going to do another roulade! And anything else xmassy I can think of!

Honestly the best Xmas cake recipe I found is Delias. Can be found easily on t'internet search. I've made it every year past four years and it's gone down a treat.

I also love making gingerbread, I've got the simplest recipe, I'll dig it out. I but those ready made icing tubes in different Colours and decorate them too. I wrap them into bundles and give them to family and friends.

I'd love to make a chocolate log so any roulade recipes would be great.

I want to bake loads but it's only the 3 of us this year so is it worth it?

My mummy id off to Oz to spend it with my bro this year :-( won't be the same without her x

I'd love the recipe for your "log" princess! Lol

oh this is our first christmas together as a family :) so I neeeeed recipies ! how do you make ginger cookies and the salt dough decorations for the tree ? I've make a cake already I always make one for my nan I actually dont like it at all .

I'm going to add a recipe thread to this section :love:

Ahaaaaa now this is the part we love love love!!!

I bake Mince pies, Jam tarts, christmas spiced cupcakes/muffins, biscuits and cookies, chutney, jams, chilli and garlic oils and cookies in a jar and they all go down a treat! Some of them are for us for over Christmas and the rest are gifts.....
I used to make our cake and pudding but now Ive discovered M&S luxuory ones we buy them instead lol xxx

Because ill be on mat leave, im going to attempt some christmas baking this year :)
I got the asda mag yesterday and it had a christmas cake recipe in, i cant wait to give it a try x x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back