Xena

Aww hun hope he'll make an appearance very soon and don't have to wait until the 13th.

I did a few as student midwife and they are very uncomfortable for the ladies, not painful but uncomfortable. You have to get a finger right up the cervix and get your finger swished right around the babys head and if its not down enough can make iot more uncomfortable.

Hope things start happening for you very soon :hug:

Good luck Xena.. I hope your LO makes an appearance before your induction date. Have you tried all the old wives tales about how to get started? Not that they worked for me :) But you never know ;)

I've tried raspberry leaf tea, and some walking aswell, and eating curry.

Haven't tried sex because physically I can't at the moment - my belly is too big and hubby is 25 stone and can't fit right at the moment haha.

I'm going to do some bouncing around on my gym ball later on I think - see if that helps.

I've had a stretch and sweep Xena when I was over due with Nathan. I didn't think it was that bad and it did the trick and he was born within 48 hours. Its a lot better than being 9 months pregnant I'd say, lol. good luck!

Hey Xena,

Go for it re. stretch & sweep - I had two - one last Tuesday when they told me I was 1-1.5cm dilated, which really cheered me up, then one last Friday at 7 days over when I was 2cm dilated and my cervix was effacing nicely - news which really cheered me up again.

Looking back, I think the one on the Friday did the trick - she was really rough and apologised (but it didn't hurt) but my baby was still only 4/5 engaged so she had to reach right up. I think I went into slow labour on the Friday night and all through the Saturday - I had the odd mild dull pain particularly when on long walks and bouncing on my ball and I had lots and lots of clear jelly show on the Saturday. My beautiful baby girl was born on Sunday morning after labouring through the night.

So - go for it! Get the baby out - you must be so uncomfortable. I've been there and sympathise so much hon.

Good luck!

Valentine xxx

***labour dust***

hope it happens soon xena
x

thanks ladies

I had a false alarm last night - was contracting really painfully and frequently for about 5 hours. I was convinced it was the real thing.

Rang the hospital and they told me to come in when the contractions were 2 mins apart, so we settled down to wait......we must have fallen asleep at around 4am, and then woke up at 7am and the contractions had totally stopped!

I couldn't believe it I was so gutted!

If its happened once xena then hes ready, just give him a bit if a nudge and hopefully it will start for you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back