Working preggy people - Well done!

crackers24

Reaction score
Hi, my mind was just wondering today, as it does, and i thought of those women who go to work whilst pregnant. I'm 7 months now and looking back at my pregnancy, there is no way that i could have been in any sort of employment, especially during that dreaded first trimester.

I just want to say a huge WELL DONE to all of you working preggy people. Keep it up and i hope you enjoy your maternity leave once it comes.
Well done again :clap: :clap: :clap: And no offence to those of you who, like me, are not working. :hug:

aww bless u hun,

i finish for maternity in 3weeks, cannot wait for naps during day hehe xxx

ITA! I have no idea how you all go out each morning to work! Its hard enough just doing nothing these days lol! And I moan about the school runs! hahahah

awww thanks! I cant wait to leave.. finding it harder now as getting no sleep at night. I keep thinking i can rush round town in my lunch hour but then end up late back! 5 weeks left of work to go (feels like a lifetime!)

Claire x

:hug: aww thanks :hug: to be honest I haven't found it too bad, even during 1st tri when I had to keep running off too :puke: until now that is, its much harder cos I'm so big, I can't get comfy at my desk & I'm constantly shattered, even walking to the train station is a major effort. I finish on 3rd Oct & I can't wait :cheer:

i only have a desk job so its not to bad for me the biggest challange is getting comfy. my heart goes out to all those people who have standing or walking jobs that must be hell. :(

i still cant wait to finish though which is the 21st of november 3 weeks before my due date.

I finished work 4 weeks before my due date, I had a week at home, a week in hospital, then he was induced whilst I was there...

So much for my rest! :rotfl:

What a nice thread, Im officially not allowed to go back to work now after struggling since conception really, i must admit there has been days I have foolishly gone into work and regretted it but hay ho Im now on proper rest and realise how much I have needed it.

Thanks for the thread and :clap: For those still managing to get in

I sometimes wonder how I manage work! Fortunately I should be going on maternity leave in just over two months, and I can't wait! I went for the earliest date possible, which including holidays I need to take is the 25th November.

I bumped into an ex colleague at antenatal clinic the other day, she quit as soon as she found out she was pg. She asked me if I was still working on the ward, and I told her yea, her words were "jeez Donna how do you do it?"
And you know what? I dont know!!
Ive got only 4 weeks left after this week off, and Im seriously dreading it!!
Being on my feet for 8 hours, washing patients, doing their rehab..YUCK!!!!!!

I congratulate myself!! :rotfl:

WOW! See! i knew you guys needed a mention. Just reading your posts is making me feel tired. I really am amazed. I suppose if you put your mind to it, you can do almost anything. Mind you, i'd rather not put my mind 2 it :shhh:

I always looked at it like this:

I want to spend more time with the baby AFTER the birth, therefore if I leave too soon, it cuts down my time after :)

I have such huge respect to you working pregnant ladies! I hope your well deserved maternity leaves come soon... :D

I feel the same - Women who work through the ENTIRE pregnancy are just AWESOME!!

I had 3 weeks off in 1st tri but have been working for the rest (with the exception of a sprained ankle week off) and I am HOPING to work until pretty much the day I go into labour but it gets so hard!!!

Big it up for the MILFs in training working or not hehehehehe

:rotfl:

I'm with Llys, I worked as late as possible to spend more time with bubs afterwards. I finished at 36 weeks but must admit, I was ready to finish at 34 weeks. The rest of the time was a breeze at work.

It's the ladies on their feet all day who work that really get my respect :D That's tough going.

im working til 39+1 and starting to find it hard :(

I'll be working till about 36 weeks but am really lucky cos I can work from home and have a desk job.

I always have huge respect for people on their feet all day when pregnant or people working with kids. It's not so bad working during pregnancy but if I had another child to look after, I don't know how I'd cope!

I think everyone needs a big pat on the back for doing anything during pregnancy. Sometimes it's such hard work even doing nothing and being pregnant! Well done to us I say :D

xmcnickyx said:
I think everyone needs a big pat on the back for doing anything during pregnancy. Sometimes it's such hard work even doing nothing and being pregnant! Well done to us I say :D

I totally agree. Well said xmcnickyx

i finish in 3 days and i cant wait, i sooo need a rest now!!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back